Forums59
Topics1,037,799
Posts13,934,704
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: breakfast cutting sugar and breads - what to eat? [Re: TexDawg] #12426461 09/14/17 04:51 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: TexDawg
So in october of last year i completely cut all sugar (reading labels, i mean no sugar) and went very low carb (less then 40 gr day). I also began walking 2.5 plus miles a day, vigorous walk, sweat and elevated heart rate, even run a small part of it. I have lost a whopping.....10 pounds. Yes, i went from a couch sloth sugar carb eating machine to a diet conscious quasi excernut with less then exciting results bang

Now i will admit that i feel a whole lot better then i did, a whole lot. But the lack of any real weight loss has been discouraging

Typical Keto diet plateau. It's the new thang for the hipsters. smile

Why cut out all those good things in life? Why not just count calories? That is ultimately where you loose or win.

Next year what will the diet fad be? It has to be some cool sounding word for people to do it. smile

(I will add people who do Keto claim they feel so much better cutting out carbs, but is it really the carbs or the new lifestyle that fixed their problem?? My vote is its the lifestyle change...but don't tell them that....they get all bent out of shape....I understand their anger....life without carbs makes you angry. smile )

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: breakfast cutting sugar and breads - what to eat? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #12427655 09/15/17 05:24 PM
krawlin 47 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
cutting simple sugar out of a diet is far from new - if you want long term success with any eating plan you must make it a lifestyle and not a diet for sure.

Whether you think you can or you can't, you are probably right.
Re: breakfast cutting sugar and breads - what to eat? [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #12429240 09/17/17 02:02 AM
TexDawg Online Content
Top Dawg
Online Content
Top Dawg
Originally Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan
So in october of last year i completely cut all sugar (reading labels, i mean no sugar) and went very low carb (less then 40 gr day). I also began walking 2.5 plus miles a day, vigorous walk, sweat and elevated heart rate, even run a small part of it. I have lost a whopping.....10 pounds. Yes, i went from a couch sloth sugar carb eating machine to a diet conscious quasi excernut with less then exciting results bang

Now i will admit that i feel a whole lot better then i did, a whole lot. But the lack of any real weight loss has been discouraging

Typical Keto diet plateau. It's the new thang for the hipsters. smile

Why cut out all those good things in life? Why not just count calories? That is ultimately where you loose or win.

Next year what will the diet fad be? It has to be some cool sounding word for people to do it. smile

(I will add people who do Keto claim they feel so much better cutting out carbs, but is it really the carbs or the new lifestyle that fixed their problem?? My vote is its the lifestyle change...but don't tell them that....they get all bent out of shape....I understand their anger....life without carbs makes you angry. smile )

Not a fad for me, its diabetes, probably should have mentioned that. Anyway, its under control thanks to the diet

Re: breakfast cutting sugar and breads - what to eat? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #12429709 09/17/17 12:07 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Watch out for fruit if you are diabetic. My dad was on Weight Watchers Diet and fruit was zero points....it runs off a point system. He was eating bananas and apples all day long to feel full. He doesn't eat sugary foods, but found out how sugary those fruits are when he was borderline diabetic last month.

I was just being funny about Keto diet....it's all the rave right now. Those folks love it and swear by the low carbs......but man life isn't as enjoyable then!!

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: breakfast cutting sugar and breads - what to eat? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #12431686 09/18/17 07:36 PM
TexDawg Online Content
Top Dawg
Online Content
Top Dawg
I cant really eat fruit, most of it will spike blood glucose levels. Apples jack it up

Re: breakfast cutting sugar and breads - what to eat? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #12431704 09/18/17 07:56 PM
chickenman Offline
1:28
1:28
I'm ingesting Isopure no carb protein with 10oz of milk for breakfast. I like it a lot. I'm not hungry for 3 hours.

[Linked Image]
Re: breakfast cutting sugar and breads - what to eat? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #12431730 09/18/17 08:13 PM
T
tsspencer2887 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
No diet in the world is going to help you lose weight without proper portion control. Rule of thumb for those starting out, imagine how much is good for you to eat and cut it in half. At a restaurant, plan on taking half of your meal home. At home, plan on saving half of your meal for tomorrow's lunch. Don't intentionally make extra. Just eat less of it.

I'm doing a combination, fasting/low-carb/portion control. I've lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks so far. I fast for 3-5 days depending on my work schedule, then small, low-carb meals for the rest of the week. When I hit my goal weight, I'll adjust. Probably start out fasting 1-2 days a week and small, low-carb meals for the rest of the week.

Hint on bread. There some very low carb tortillas and flatbreads out there; Xtreme Wellness Wraps, Flatout flatbreads. I buy both at Kroger but there are some others. These have 5-6 net grams of carbs. I even cut up a package now and then to stick in the oven and make tortilla chips. Not as good as corn tortilla chips, but a decent substitute.

Re: breakfast cutting sugar and breads - what to eat? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #12434373 09/20/17 07:11 PM
TexDawg Online Content
Top Dawg
Online Content
Top Dawg
I live on Mission low carb flour tortillas, hard to tell them apart from regular torts, 4 grms net carb

Re: breakfast cutting sugar and breads - what to eat? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #12434578 09/20/17 09:56 PM
krawlin 47 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Anyone here read Vinnie Tortorich's Book - related to No Sugar No Grain life style and his exercise advice? Pretty good stuff and makes a lot of sense.

Whether you think you can or you can't, you are probably right.
Re: breakfast cutting sugar and breads - what to eat? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #12443004 09/26/17 07:51 PM
C
CrankAddict Offline
The Panther
The Panther
C
Dave's Killer Light bread isn't bad. It's only 60 calories and 9 net carbs. I've been eating one piece in the morning with my eggs and no other breads, pastas or potatoes the rest of the day. Couldn't go totally no carb because it was making me weak but I'm still losing with the Dave's bread just in the morning.

Re: breakfast cutting sugar and breads - what to eat? [Re: CrankAddict] #12443009 09/26/17 08:01 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: CrankAddict
Dave's Killer Light bread isn't bad. It's only 60 calories and 9 net carbs. I've been eating one piece in the morning with my eggs and no other breads, pastas or potatoes the rest of the day. Couldn't go totally no carb because it was making me weak but I'm still losing with the Dave's bread just in the morning.

I have found out most people who do no carbs actually eat some carbs....but very low amounts. It was always misleading to me to hear no carbs. It's very difficult to consume no carbs....since even veggies have carbs.

Re: breakfast cutting sugar and breads - what to eat? [Re: TexDawg] #12443054 09/26/17 08:26 PM
04champ Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

10 pounds sounds about right for what you say you've done.

even if you ran those 2.5 miles you're only burning a couple hundred calories. walking/running is good for the body and heart, terrible for losing weight

Re: breakfast cutting sugar and breads - what to eat? [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #12443057 09/26/17 08:31 PM
C
CrankAddict Offline
The Panther
The Panther
C
Originally Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan
Originally Posted By: CrankAddict

I have found out most people who do no carbs actually eat some carbs....but very low amounts. It was always misleading to me to hear no carbs. It's very difficult to consume no carbs....since even veggies have carbs.

You're right. I was trying to stay below 20 grams/day and only getting them from fruits/veggies. But I was getting sick and dizzy and couldn't focus at work. Just adding the one piece of bread in the morning made all the difference. I still don't eat any other bread, potatoes, or pasta and very limited fruit but I'll have a small sweet potato on days I lift. Calorie counting has been the biggest help.

Last edited by CrankAddict; 09/26/17 08:32 PM.
Re: breakfast cutting sugar and breads - what to eat? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #12444008 09/27/17 04:21 PM
N
nitroslim Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
protein, protein, protein. If you want to get crazy, check a keto diet.

Re: breakfast cutting sugar and breads - what to eat? [Re: nitroslim] #12444067 09/27/17 05:00 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: nitroslim
protein, protein, protein.

That word is said a half dozen times a day in my house.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide