Print Thread
McCain High School Fishing Program #12326809 07/06/17 06:28 PM
A
AndiSims Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
A
Hello, my name is Andi Sims and I am with McCain Fishing. We are currently offering a program for high school bass clubs. If you are interested in seeing what we have to offer please send me an email. andi@mccainfishing.com

our website is www.mccainfishing.com or check us out on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/mccainrods/
Thanks!

Last edited by AndiSims; 07/06/17 06:31 PM.
Re: McCain High School Fishing Program [Re: AndiSims] #12326812 07/06/17 06:31 PM
Jaguar6 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Great offer! Great people to work with and great rods! I am apart of the Elite Field Staff and you can't go wrong with the product and customer service! Hopefully a few high schools jump on this!

Old 18 Outfitters Pro Staff
Wicked Weights High Quality Tungsten Pro Staff
TH Marine Pro Staff
Fin Culture Fishing Apparel
Re: McCain High School Fishing Program [Re: Jaguar6] #12326814 07/06/17 06:32 PM
A
AndiSims Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
A
Thanks, feel free to send an email to introduce yourself and pictures to help with marketing! Glad to have you on the team!

Re: McCain High School Fishing Program [Re: AndiSims] #12370262 08/03/17 01:24 AM
R
RKT Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
After the way one of the McCain pro staffers cussed me out on the water with constant F bombs on Lake Houston last Sunday for starting over 260 yards from him, I could never ethically encourage my high school team to sign up with McCain.

Last edited by RKT; 08/03/17 02:12 AM.
Re: McCain High School Fishing Program [Re: RKT] #12370861 08/03/17 02:51 PM
S
Shallow Waters Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted By: RKT
After the way one of the McCain pro staffers cussed me out on the water with constant F bombs on Lake Houston last Sunday for starting over 260 yards from him, I could never ethically encourage my high school team to sign up with McCain.

I cant see that this post was necessary on this thread. I don't think the way some guy acts on the lake should reflect against this company. I would have probably just let know through a PM about their Pro Staffer rather than trying to derail this post. Honestly, I have heard nothing but good things about their product and they are offering an awesome program for these high school teams. I would definitely let your high school teams know about this program and give them the opportunity to decide whether or not to get a good product at an awesome price.

Re: McCain High School Fishing Program [Re: AndiSims] #12371028 08/03/17 04:56 PM
R
RKT Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
I disagree with you 100 percent. My job is to help mold these kids into responsible ethical adults and to help other club sponsors to do the same. If a person is selected by a company as a field/pro staffer they then become a direct representative of that company. It is that companies responsibility to choose the proper people and it is the staff members responsibility to act in a proper way while representing the company. When they are on the lake fishing a tournament wearing a jersey with that company name across the front they are a reflection of the company.

The problem is that the staffer fishes the same small lake as my students. These kids look up to the field/pro staffers. If I steer my students to join a team with a local pro/field staffer from the same company fishing the same lake they will begin to look up to that person. I ethically cannot do this to young impressionable kids. That would defeat everything I am trying to accomplish with them. We have enough problems teaching these kids the proper ethics on the water.

I do not want to do anything that would influence them negatively. As far as the McCain products - My statement has nothing to do with their product. I got to feel some of the rods a few weeks ago and they felt like very good rods.

Last edited by RKT; 08/03/17 05:12 PM.
Re: McCain High School Fishing Program [Re: RKT] #12371088 08/03/17 05:41 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: RKT
I disagree with you 100 percent. My job is to help mold these kids into responsible ethical adults and to help other club sponsors to do the same. If a person is selected by a company as a field/pro staffer they then become a direct representative of that company. It is that companies responsibility to choose the proper people and it is the staff members responsibility to act in a proper way while representing the company. When they are on the lake fishing a tournament wearing a jersey with that company name across the front they are a reflection of the company.

The problem is that the staffer fishes the same small lake as my students. These kids look up to the field/pro staffers. If I steer my students to join a team with a local pro/field staffer from the same company fishing the same lake they will begin to look up to that person. I ethically cannot do this to young impressionable kids. That would defeat everything I am trying to accomplish with them. We have enough problems teaching these kids the proper ethics on the water.

I do not want to do anything that would influence them negatively. As far as the McCain products - My statement has nothing to do with their product. I got to feel some of the rods a few weeks ago and they felt like very good rods.

So you have approached the company with your complaint or is this the first place that they are going to hear about it?
I'm assuming that you are teaching your kids that there is a proper time and place for airing your grievances and steps that you should take... Hopefully, you've taken these steps and aren't just publicly bashing a company and your kids are watching this site.....

Might have just been some cool cat wearing a McCain jersey, not an actual pro-staff member. You don't really think that everyone wearing a Skeeter jersey is sponsored by Skeeter do you?

Last edited by Txduckhunter; 08/03/17 05:45 PM.
Re: McCain High School Fishing Program [Re: AndiSims] #12371119 08/03/17 05:58 PM
S
Shallow Waters Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
I don't disagree that a ProStaffer could reflect back on the company they represent, and this is why in all sports people lose sponsors due to bad behavior. I just think that this case doesn't have anything to do whether or not this product and program would be good for your high school kids.

I would definitely bring this situation up with the company and let them know how their representative is acting on the water.

Re: McCain High School Fishing Program [Re: AndiSims] #12371134 08/03/17 06:18 PM
A
AndiSims Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
A
Thank you for bringing this to my attention although I wish you could have contacted me in a different manner. We do not promote this behavior. We will look into this situation and handle it accordingly. We feel that our members should represent us well on the water. Please contact us personally if you have any future complaints. Thanks again for bringing attention to it.

Re: McCain High School Fishing Program [Re: AndiSims] #12371139 08/03/17 06:22 PM
R
RKT Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
TxDuck - The guy was a field staff member that did this.

After posting on this thread Russell Paskett of McCain Rods personally contacted me. He assured me that this is not the acceptable actions of their staff members and that this type of situation should not happen again. While talking with Russell on the phone, I do not think I have ever had a representative of a company be as helpful and concerned about the companies customer service as he was. It was actually enjoyable talking to a customer service representative that was truly concerned and wanting to help remedy a situation. After talking to Russell and hearing his and McCain's desire to be a positive force with the high school fishing in and around our state I can honestly say I can and will encourage my team and other sponsors to affiliate themselves with McCain.

Last edited by RKT; 08/03/17 06:35 PM.
Re: McCain High School Fishing Program [Re: AndiSims] #12372109 08/04/17 12:55 PM
S
Shallow Waters Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Solid job coming back to say this thumb. And I think you are absolutely right to bring up this experience with the company and I am sure they appreciate it as well. I know I would want to hear about my reps if they weren't representing my company well.

Re: McCain High School Fishing Program [Re: AndiSims] #12405768 08/29/17 02:23 PM
Jaguar6 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Sorry for your experience but I'm glad Russell got a hold of you. Russell is a stand up guy that represents the company well! I do all my business through him when possible. As for the High School program they are offering, it is a great deal with great products available. I have sold everything I had and switched completely over to McCain Rods and I have no complaints whatsoever! Great rods, great company... every once in a while you get a bad egg or someone having a bad day.

Old 18 Outfitters Pro Staff
Wicked Weights High Quality Tungsten Pro Staff
TH Marine Pro Staff
Fin Culture Fishing Apparel
Re: McCain High School Fishing Program [Re: AndiSims] #12414857 09/05/17 04:19 PM
C
Canny Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
I am looking into the McCain option as well, heard good things about these folks!

Cross her eyes, and dot her T's
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide