Print Thread
Need a little help #12305499 06/22/17 01:21 AM
J
Jigflippa Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
I've asked for anything like this but I was looking for a little help. I'm a 25 year old guy and avid bass fisherman. I recently have been having some serious health problems and was diagnosed with severe Crohn's disease. This disease can be a real pain in the rear (literally) and has really knocked me down hard in the past year, the past few months have been especially tough. Unfortunately I am unable to work and don't really have the strength to fish as of now. I've been in the hospital for the past two weeks. I really want to start building custom tackle and learning about hand pouring plastics, making spinnerbaits/buzzbaits and making crankbaits. Unfortunately since I am unable to work and have such expensive medical bills, I am having trouble affording all of the equipment I need to build my own custom lures. I'm not asking for any handouts but I was wondering if any of y'all had old or unused things sitting around that I may be able to buy off of you for a cheap price or maybe just borrow unti you needed it again. Things like old tore up plastic baits I could reuse. Or lead jig molds, lead melting pots, hooks for the molds, skirt material, plastisol, soft plastic bait molds, injectors, etc. I don't have much money to spend but I am willing to pay and I sure don't want a handout. When I am healthy I run my own full service tree business and l could pay it back to y'all as soon as I can get healthy again. Maybe I could trade some tree trimming/land clearing for some lure making equipment! I live in Weatherford, TX by the way.
Since I can't really fish right now I'd love to send y'all some of my creations in the mail so you can tell me how they work! I can't meet anyone to pick up stuff (because I'm in the hospital), but maybe I could figure out a way to pay y'all online to cover shipping. Thanks for all the good advice and tips you put on here. It helps me keep my mind off this [censored] and stay positive! Y'all rip some lips for me!!
God Bless
Garrett
(817)565-4477
garrettbradfordmusic@yahoo.com

Re: Need a little help [Re: Jigflippa] #12305576 06/22/17 01:59 AM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Get well soon. My best friend from college has suffered from Crohn's disease.

My advice would be to work on things indoors/climate control (tying jigs and making POP or silicone molds) until you feel better.

Working in a hot garage with hot plastic or lead with all the fumes and heat wearing protective gear and a respirator etc could really wear you out.

[Linked Image]
Re: Need a little help [Re: Jigflippa] #12322632 07/03/17 10:03 PM
P
pelican Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
I have a 3 gallon bucket full of used plastic baits I'd be more than happy to give you.

I've never been good, But I've been Lucky!
I don't Lie or Exaggerate, but sometimes I remember BIG!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide