Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Some times it not meant to be #12299315 06/18/17 02:37 PM
Happykamper Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
Went to pre fish for a tourney Thursday, boat broke down middle of the day, was planning on staying at friends house and fishing friday but had to come home and get another boat, took all of my son's equipment out of his boat, put all of mine in his, got back to the lake friday evening, wished I would have had time to familiarize myself with boat, but this is not an excuse, it was my boat 4 years ago. Saturday morning trying to navigate on PK in pitch dark was interesting, could not remember how the graphs worked, we finally made it to our starting spot safely, had a heck of a day fishing, never lost a big fish, caught probably 15 keepers, made two big mistakes at the end of the day, one was culling the wrong fish, my fault, just had a brain fart, wish I could of blamed the wife but could not, the second was accidentally turning the wrong live well on after the wrong culling, got back to the ramp and had 3 dead fish, very embarrassing, did not even stay around for a free beer, drove home with tail tucked, congrats to mark and Sandy for winning the tourney and AOL, they put on a clinic yesterday, i had front row seats, thumb

[Linked Image]
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Some times it not meant to be [Re: Happykamper] #12299328 06/18/17 02:46 PM
Donald Harper Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Glad you didn't let it get you down too bad. Fishing is like herding chickens. Some days chicken, some days feathers.

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Re: Some times it not meant to be [Re: Happykamper] #12299345 06/18/17 02:59 PM
206champion Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Stuff happens

Re: Some times it not meant to be [Re: 206champion] #12299390 06/18/17 03:41 PM
R
Ranger1 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Just remember to take the good with the bad, don't beat yourself up to bad about it. S@%t happens

Re: Some times it not meant to be [Re: Ranger1] #12299427 06/18/17 04:13 PM
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Ranger1
Just remember to take the good with the bad, don't beat yourself up to bad about it. S@%t happens

Oh heck no, not like we lost a bunch of money, more embarrassed about the fish, oh well, fish fry on Father's day, lol.

[Linked Image]
Re: Some times it not meant to be [Re: Happykamper] #12299504 06/18/17 05:20 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
You're a very lucky person just to have an opportunity to get on the water and fish....not to mention have a back-up boat in case of need. You're living large, bro....and HFD!

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Some times it not meant to be [Re: Happykamper] #12299527 06/18/17 05:36 PM
J
joebass2 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
Well, you got it out of your system before the Classic. Could have been the heat later in the day.

Re: Some times it not meant to be [Re: Happykamper] #12299580 06/18/17 06:28 PM
B
bloo_rainger Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B
At least you had fish for dinner...

Re: Some times it not meant to be [Re: joebass2] #12299685 06/18/17 07:53 PM
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: joebass2
Well, you got it out of your system before the Classic. Could have been the heat later in the day.

No I just had a brain freeze after culling a fish, we had some in both live wells, when I threw out what i thought was our smallest my wife let me know I had just screwed up, then I transferred all of them to port live well and emptied the starboard, then i simply turned the wrong live well back on, the long boat ride on calm PK on a Saturday afternoon is what I think did it. Oh your right about the heat, it effected my brain, lol.

[Linked Image]
Re: Some times it not meant to be [Re: Happykamper] #12299703 06/18/17 08:13 PM
Donald Harper Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
I have ELETE in my sig. to take care of that heat.

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Re: Some times it not meant to be [Re: Happykamper] #12299705 06/18/17 08:15 PM
E
El Skeeter Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
E
I culled the wrong fish costing us 1st, pulling it out I realized it and got that very nauseated SICK feeling, felt so bad
I gave my partner/wife all the 2nd place money. Another time fish jumped out upon opening livewell among other pre-weigh-in mishaps.
I and I'm sure others on here can relate to your:
"Sometimes it not meant to be."

Re: Some times it not meant to be [Re: Happykamper] #12299731 06/18/17 08:33 PM
B
Bassin Fever Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
We've all had days we've wondered why we ever got up that morning. My wife and I fished a couples tourney on Belton. Sha bumped me off the trailer and drove up to park. She slipped walking down the ramp and slid in the water, dropped the flashlight it rolled down the ramp into the water and dissappeared, she broke the two styrofoam coffee cups so we did not get our coffee. After we got to our spot from my GPS unit. I put out the anchor and she decided to put on the layer of dry clothes we keep in the boat. She starts changing as it was dark, here comes another boat with a spot light shining it every where. He shined it on our boat and I was trying to get the big towel out and hide her nakkid body. She finally got changed so we laid down on the decks and was going to catch a few minutes of shut eye before time to start the tourney time. Her phone buzzes and time to start I grabbed the anchor rope but the anchor didn't budge. We worked it every which way finally after twenty minutes into the tourney time I cut the rope by reaching as far down in the water as I could then while getting back up I knocked my pocket knife in the water. I told my wife this doesn't look like we are starting to good. No sooner than I said that I had a big fish on the second cast, sun was just rising and I was reeling what felt like a good one. All of a sudden the line wasn't reeling so I stepped on the trolling motor and started following my line. I get over to a big tree just under the boat. We look down and about what I thought was three to four feet was a good bass wrapped around a big limb. I lay down on the boat reaching as far a I could trying to get the fish I only needed another arms length. I hollar at my wife get the net. ( where my signature comes from) she hands me the net I reach down in the water and stare in disbelief as put the net in the water the net itself just started sinking. Wife forgot in her excitement to click the handle in place I raise the end of what now is only a club in my hand. The net just passed right beside the fish and kept going. Brilliant me decided many I could reach the bass to get him to unwrap himself from the tree with the handle. I watched as he circled once and then threw the hook and swim off. I looked at my wife and said this has been the morning from Hades. Maybe we should just go back to the motel, take a nap and then start the day again.... We kept fishing and after watching another good fish come up out of the water and throw my hook, we went on to catch two more fish but lost a good one that would have helped us. Sometimes it just isn't worth the effort it seems but we still won a door prize in a drawing.... Lol

Last edited by Bassin Fever; 06/18/17 08:42 PM.
Re: Some times it not meant to be [Re: Happykamper] #12299737 06/18/17 08:38 PM
M
mcb Offline
Angler
Angler
M
Thanks guys we were very fortunate this year. We just happen to ease into the right school Saturday. We really enjoyed fishing with y'all this year.

Re: Some times it not meant to be [Re: Bassin Fever] #12299793 06/18/17 09:31 PM
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Bassin Fever
We've all had days we've wondered why we ever got up that morning. My wife and I fished a couples tourney on Belton. Sha bumped me off the trailer and drove up to park. She slipped walking down the ramp and slid in the water, dropped the flashlight it rolled down the ramp into the water and dissappeared, she broke the two styrofoam coffee cups so we did not get our coffee. After we got to our spot from my GPS unit. I put out the anchor and she decided to put on the layer of dry clothes we keep in the boat. She starts changing as it was dark, here comes another boat with a spot light shining it every where. He shined it on our boat and I was trying to get the big towel out and hide her nakkid body. She finally got changed so we laid down on the decks and was going to catch a few minutes of shut eye before time to start the tourney time. Her phone buzzes and time to start I grabbed the anchor rope but the anchor didn't budge. We worked it every which way finally after twenty minutes into the tourney time I cut the rope by reaching as far down in the water as I could then while getting back up I knocked my pocket knife in the water. I told my wife this doesn't look like we are starting to good. No sooner than I said that I had a big fish on the second cast, sun was just rising and I was reeling what felt like a good one. All of a sudden the line wasn't reeling so I stepped on the trolling motor and started following my line. I get over to a big tree just under the boat. We look down and about what I thought was three to four feet was a good bass wrapped around a big limb. I lay down on the boat reaching as far a I could trying to get the fish I only needed another arms length. I hollar at my wife get the net. ( where my signature comes from) she hands me the net I reach down in the water and stare in disbelief as put the net in the water the net itself just started sinking. Wife forgot in her excitement to click the handle in place I raise the end of what now is only a club in my hand. The net just passed right beside the fish and kept going. Brilliant me decided many I could reach the bass to get him to unwrap himself from the tree with the handle. I watched as he circled once and then threw the hook and swim off. I looked at my wife and said this has been the morning from Hades. Maybe we should just go back to the motel, take a nap and then start the day again.... We kept fishing and after watching another good fish come up out of the water and throw my hook, we went on to catch two more fish but lost a good one that would have helped us. Sometimes it just isn't worth the effort it seems but we still won a door prize in a drawing.... Lol

Man that is funny right there.

[Linked Image]
Re: Some times it not meant to be [Re: mcb] #12299795 06/18/17 09:32 PM
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru

Originally Posted By: mcb
Thanks guys we were very fortunate this year. We just happen to ease into the right school Saturday. We really enjoyed fishing with y'all this year.

School of fish ? That looked more like a cowboys stadium of fish, lol, ya'll did great, congrats again. thumb

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide