Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Lake Fork Report #12289449 06/12/17 05:24 AM
Guide Richie White Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Night fishing on Lake Fork has been awesome for the past few trips. They fed very well during last week's full moon. We got 2 over 9 pounds one night and one over 10 on the following trip. Numbers were good too, especially after midnight.

Fork is in good shape this summer. The lake is currently at 403.12, which is about an inch high. Last year, it was just low enough where the majority of stumps were right at the top of the water level - with hundreds of them between each of my favorite spots. I wasn't able to hit very many spots in a night, which made it very frustrating, especially on nights when they weren't biting well. This year, the lake is full so I can travel much faster and cover at least twice as many areas. The downside is that it looks like there aren't any stumps. But trust me, they haven't gone away. They are still down there!! Use the bouys and be safe!

I've been doing best around 25 ft in the evenings, and less than 10 feet at night. Spoons, C-rigs, and tailspinners have been best out deep. Crankbaits, swimbaits, and worms up shallow.

The fishing on my last couple of day trips didn't compare to the evening and night fishing trips. I've found the best feeding times to be from daybreak to sunup, from 6PM to dark, and from midnight to 4AM. So the typical guide trip (sunup to 5PM) is the worst fishing of the 24 hour day. As inconvenient as it is, I try to make my trips revolve around the best times to catch fish. So, I'm revising my fishing hours to accomodate the better times for catching.

This summer, a standard night trip is from 6PM to 4AM (10 hours for $400). A standard 1/2 night trip is from 6PM to 11PM (5 hours for $250).

My latest obsession is getting videos of my clients catching fish. This year, I've got a video for just about every trip. I've made my share of mistakes, but I'm getting much more experienced at videography.
I would really like to get your kids on video. If they are old enough to turn a reel handle, they are old enough to get on video catching fish. If you can bring them while they still have all their baby teeth, I don't think you can get a cuter video. My favorite age is from 4 to 10 (they only get older). But I think any kid will have a good time.

Right now, I'm offering a promotion to encourage taking your kids fishing and getting an awesome 1080p full-hd video with music. $150 for up to 2 1/2 hours fishing (6pm to dark). The included video will take about 3 hours of my time. So, you're getting over 5 hours of my time for $150. Thats for 2 adults and 1 kid - or 1 adult and 2 kids. Email me at richie@bassfishing.org

I plan to release a couple of my videos every week. Be sure to check www.bassfishing.org (or my Facebook or Youtube site) for the latest videos.

If you would like to book a trip, you can see my schedule and book your trip online at http://www.bassfishing.org/go

I try to post pictures to my Facebook page every trip. So keeping up with that page is a much better report than what I can do in front of my computer at home. If you follow my Facebook page (actually, the Facebook term is "like"), you can get my posts without delay. I often post pictures the day we catch them. So if you see several big fish in the same day, you can rest assured the fishing is good then. If you wait until I post a fishing report, you can be sure that it has slowed down enough for me to leave the lake. Go to www.Facebook.com/LakeForkFishingGuide and click the "like" option to get the posts.

Here are a few of the things that I put on the Facebook Page:

Pictures of clients holding fish (of course)
Pictures of landscapes around the lake
Pictures and videos of wildlife around the lake
Fishing Reports
Updates about pages on my website
Updates when someone catches a giant bass on Fork
The link to remember for my Facebook page is www.Facebook.com/LakeForkFishingGuide. But now you don't have to remember that because you can just go to any page on www.bassfishing.org and you will find the feed.

Be sure to "like" the page so you can get the information as soon as it gets posted.

If you would like to receive my fishing report notifications by email, go to www.bassfishing.org/dbaccess/fishingreportrequests.cfm
All you need is your name and email address. If you are receiving reports by email and wish to discontinue receiving them, simply go to www.bassfishing.org/reports/unsubscribe.cfm

Good fishing and good luck. You can't catch them if you don't go.

Re: Lake Fork Report [Re: Guide Richie White] #12289616 06/12/17 01:28 PM
J
Jimfishes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Great videos and pics!

Re: Lake Fork Report [Re: Guide Richie White] #12295873 06/15/17 06:46 PM
CHAMPION FISH Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity