OP Offline
Angler
R
STACY REED BBQ BENEFIT
Saturday, August 27
10am until sold out!
3213 Main Street
Rowlett, Tx 75088

For a suggested donation of $5.00 (feel free to donate more) you will get a pulled pork sandwich, chips, soft drink, and Janice’s World Famous Nanna Puddin’.

Parking is limited so please feel free to park across the street. Make sure to look both ways.

This is a come and go event so limited seating will be provided if space allows.

Lewis Commercial General Contractors, a Rowlett based small business and competition BBQ team, will be firing up the smoker to benefit Stacy Reed and her family. Stacy is a loving wife and mother of two young girls who is battling Stage 3 Pancreatic Cancer. The funds from this benefit will help this family through their journey as she beats this disease for a second time.
Stacy was diagnosed with breast cancer less than two years ago. Since then, she has undergone chemotherapy and multiple surgeries, and was excited to start this year with all of that behind her. But, only 14 days into 2016, she found out that her cancer journey was far from over. Stacy carries the BRCA-2 gene, which can lead to different types of cancer. In the last few years, studies have revealed that pancreatic cancer is one of the types that can be linked to the BRCA gene. Unfortunately, after a routine checkup with her oncologist, abnormal lab results warranted further testing, which ultimately led to a diagnosis of stage 3 pancreatic cancer. Circumstances led Stacy and her husband to Vanderbilt University Hospital in Nashville, TN. After spending a week there, and meeting with an awesome medical team that specializes in pancreatic oncology, they came back to Texas with a plan in place to fight the "big C" once again. Stacy will be undergoing a very strong and aggressive chemotherapy, radiation and then surgery to remove the tumor along with a portion of her pancreas. Stacy was able to work during her first fight, while maintaining somewhat of a normal schedule however, working will not be an option this time. Due to the circumstances, her medical team is "throwing everything but the kitchen sink" at this tumor in hopes to shrink it before traveling back to Nashville for the surgery in a few months. I know that many of you supported her during the first #teamstacy campaign, and for that she is so grateful. It is under unfortunate circumstances that we launch the second (and hopefully last) campaign. Thank you in advance for supporting her! It means more to her and her family than any of you will ever know.

Re: Stacy Reed BBQ Benefit - Rowlett, Tx [Re: Ringer1] #11798320 08/26/16 04:43 PM
B
Buzzard Breath Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
too far for me but is there a gofund me page or something? Post here and send me PM in case I dont' see this again.

Last edited by Buzzard Breath; 08/26/16 04:43 PM.

DON'T LITTER!

Re: Stacy Reed BBQ Benefit - Rowlett, Tx [Re: Buzzard Breath] #11799416 08/27/16 03:44 AM
R
Ringer1 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
R
Originally Posted By: Buzzard Breath
too far for me but is there a gofund me page or something? Post here and send me PM in case I dont' see this again.

Thanks Buzz. I had a Gofundme link attached to the original message but it wasn't working for some reason. Here is the Gofundme website. You'll have to copy and paste into your browser for it to work for some

https://www.[censored]/2kpeqx8r

Thank you for your support!!!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide