Re: Lake Fork Thieves [Re: JIM SR.] #11769159 08/10/16 02:25 PM
B
bassmanrudy Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted By: JIM SR.
Originally Posted By: west tex angler
This just happened to me tonight at the 154 public ramp. I came back to load up around 8:00PM and they had broken into my truck. They took a lot of stuff.
I had to cancel some appointments and take care of the bank, insurance company, police, broken window, etc,,,
I won't be back to Fork for a while, unless I know who did this
Cant get picture to post , worst of it was I was really into a good bunch of fish and now I don't care.
You'll be careful

No offense but leaving a lot of stuff in your truck is asking for someone to help theirselves,.. fish

sounds like we have a candidate for the theft(s) right here... I would hate to think my personal property left locked inside my vehicle is thought of by others to "help themselves" too... wow what a comment- sure made my morning. maybe post your address so we can help ourselves to whatever we like there since you seem to think doing it to others is Ok...

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Lake Fork Thieves [Re: bassmanrudy] #11769212 08/10/16 02:49 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: bassmanrudy
This just happened to me tonight at the 154 public ramp. I came back to load up around 8:00PM and they had broken into my truck. They took a lot of stuff.
I had to cancel some appointments and take care of the bank, insurance company, police, broken window, etc,,,
Cant get picture to post , worst of it was I was really into a good bunch of fish and now I don't care.
You'll be careful

No offense but leaving a lot of stuff in your truck is asking for someone to help theirselves,.. fish

sounds like we have a candidate for the theft(s) right here... I would hate to think my personal property left locked inside my vehicle is thought of by others to "help themselves" too... wow what a comment- sure made my morning. maybe post your address so we can help ourselves to whatever we like there since you seem to think doing it to others is Ok...

Beat me to the punch bassman, I leave my check book, tie downs, transom saver, umbrella, glasses, GPS, spare shoes and even a 9mm ( under the seat ) in my truck. That stuff is there at the boat ramp, grocery store, bank and every where else I go. I don't consider that an open invitation to crooks. YOU CAN'T HIDE ANYTHING FROM A THIEF NOT EVEN IN YOUR HOME. To blame this guy or any of these dock owners for their loss is ludicrous. Where do you hide your stuff from thieves ? You can't. I'm in the camp with the previous poster though, a bullet is not too good for them.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Lake Fork Thieves [Re: Canino] #11769443 08/10/16 04:48 PM
T
TinRangerJim Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Canino
Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter
It was locked up Dan, explain how you lock a prop over the water ?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AYEWJ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's another one...

http://www.basspro.com/McGard-Propeller-Lock/product/7400/

"Rip Some Lips"
Nevadan by birth, Texan by choice
Retired USAF, 1966-1989
Jim C.
Re: Lake Fork Thieves [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #11769455 08/10/16 04:56 PM
west tex angler Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Nothing was in plain sight.
A 9mm S&W, checkbook in locked console, as well as an envelope full of cash locked in the glove box.
Pick up locked.
I think they came to the ramp by boat.
Sheriff said there was a lot of it going on.
I haven't been robbed in about five years. I guess it was time.
I have another pistol in the boat, sure wish I would have caught the guys. I think they were watching as I left the ramp area, then went to work.
You guys watch out for one another. Anything out of the ordinary, stick around until they are gone. These thefts only take about one minute to hit, steal, and leave.
By the way, I was not asking for trouble as someone said. You can't live in a bubble, you have to live your life the way you want and not expect this.

Last edited by west tex angler; 08/10/16 05:14 PM.

PB 9lbs 13oz
Re: Lake Fork Thieves [Re: Gamblinman] #11769517 08/10/16 05:25 PM
Kay Dyson Offline
HOT Mess!!!
HOT Mess!!!
Originally Posted By: Gamblinman
There are a couple of no goods working the Yantis/Lake fork area. Keep your eye out for a late model Chevrolet PU, beat to hell, gold cab, with black bed. Authorities and most everyone else know who they are. Only a matter of time till they pick on the wrong individual or property. Hopefully, they can be removed from the gene pool before procreating.

Gman

Thanks Gman, I'l keep an eye out. Our subdivision only has 20 homes, 1 way in 1 way out. Nosey neighbors too, I am getting nervous about the big house after what just happened.. Scumbag SOB's

Re: Lake Fork Thieves [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #11769595 08/10/16 05:54 PM
J
JIM SR. Online Sick
TFF Guru
Online Sick
TFF Guru
J
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
You'll be careful

Beat me to the punch bassman, I leave my check book, tie downs, transom saver, umbrella, glasses, GPS, spare shoes and even a 9mm ( under the seat ) in my truck. That stuff is there at the boat ramp, grocery store, bank and every where else I go. I don't consider that an open invitation to crooks. YOU CAN'T HIDE ANYTHING FROM A THIEF NOT EVEN IN YOUR HOME. To blame this guy or any of these dock owners for their loss is ludicrous. Where do you hide your stuff from thieves ? You can't. I'm in the camp with the previous poster though, a bullet is not too good for them.

One thing for sure, I'm not your 'canidate'...and I will never be on here complaining that someone stole all my stuff out of my truck because I'm smart enough not to leave anything in my truck or car that is of any value, sure they can break my windows, even steal the truck,..but they won't get a bunch of money, or a gun, or my GPS, or sunglasses, or anything I value. If you think all your stuff is safe at a public boat ramp in a high theft area, and you trust your stuff to be safe and sound then leave whatever you want where ever you want. Thieves love guys that leave their stuff in trucks..boats..wherever they can find it and steal it...when I fish I carry my 'valuables' and a gun with me, I leave nothing of value, I hate thieves and liars...and I'm not going to give them a chanve to take something of value if I can prevent it.

Re: Lake Fork Thieves [Re: JIM SR.] #11769664 08/10/16 06:32 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Stopping theft is also a personal responsibility. Thieves don't wait for an invitation nor do they need one to break into your vehicle. If you take 10 rods and decide to leave 9 of them in the truck and come back to them missing then you have to accept some responsibility for that. It's not your fault. The fact you have the right to leave items in your vehicle safe from theft is irrelevant, just not the world we live in. You can't stop them from breaking into your vehicle but you can determine what is taken. Those of us that are honest and work for what we have are unfortunately on the s*** end of the stick on this topic. The honest man has to be much more vigilant than we should have to be but again it's the world we live in.

Re: Lake Fork Thieves [Re: Kay Dyson] #11769784 08/10/16 07:45 PM
T
tommyc Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter
I never launch at a public ramp, whats 3 dollars.. Minner Bucket has T/T right in the parking lot now, someone always there...It's not 100% safe, but it has been so far for me..And that's a lot of launches over the years... Bob at westside RV charges 4 dollars, (old Val's) he bird dogs the hell out that parking lot...

Real sorry to hear of all the theft and losses. Ballsy SOBs.
I agree with you Billy. I have my spot, costs 3 bucks and I dont worry about coming back to a busted window.
I pay $10 to put in on Twok and wont put in anywhere else.

Tom Cornelius

Romans 10:9-11

Re: Lake Fork Thieves [Re: TM487VS] #11769796 08/10/16 07:50 PM
Hard Rain Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
I try not to leave anything of value when I use any boat ramp anywhere just seems like common sense to me. I even have a pretty high end alarm with audible glass breakage sensors but still think it is much smarter not to leave valuables in an unattended vehicle especially at any boat ramp.

Re: Lake Fork Thieves [Re: TM487VS] #11769849 08/10/16 08:13 PM
GROD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I realize sometimes it's not reality to take everything out of a vehicle when going somewhere, but never leave a firearm inside your vehicle unattended... As an officer you would be amazed at how many burglary of vehicles take place with owners who not only leave their vehicle unlocked, but leave a firearm under the seat or in the glove department. These two areas are the first places a thief looks. Also tell your wives to stop putting their purses in the back seat on the floor board or in the trunk... Thieves are normally in the parking lots watching.

Re: Lake Fork Thieves [Re: TM487VS] #11769850 08/10/16 08:14 PM
Kay Dyson Offline
HOT Mess!!!
HOT Mess!!!
Just talked to the insurance company about my claim. Looks like I get hosed for $1200.00 of the 2700+ taken.
Homeowners would cover it for the standard 1% deductable, hell that's more than what got stolen.
The pontoon had $1500 article replacement w/$100 deduct..
I got ripped off on the R/R's, 2-man and 2 other T/M's...Damn dope heads mad

Re: Lake Fork Thieves [Re: JIM SR.] #11769948 08/10/16 09:07 PM
C
Chris_K Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C

Quote:
One thing for sure, I'm not your 'canidate'...and I will never be on here complaining that someone stole all my stuff out of my truck because I'm smart enough not to leave anything in my truck or car that is of any value, sure they can break my windows, even steal the truck,..but they won't get a bunch of money, or a gun, or my GPS, or sunglasses, or anything I value. If you think all your stuff is safe at a public boat ramp in a high theft area, and you trust your stuff to be safe and sound then leave whatever you want where ever you want. Thieves love guys that leave their stuff in trucks..boats..wherever they can find it and steal it...when I fish I carry my 'valuables' and a gun with me, I leave nothing of value, I hate thieves and liars...and I'm not going to give them a chanve to take something of value if I can prevent it.

You could also sell your vehicle to make sure it never gets stolen. I mean who wins when a man can't leave a pair of sunglasses in their vehicle??

Re: Lake Fork Thieves [Re: JIM SR.] #11769951 08/10/16 09:09 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

You are a perfect example of someone who thinks they have all the answers and does everything right. To accuse all these folks of being reckless with their belongings is just plain mean spirited, callous and heartless. It's bad enough to be a victim of a crime but then to have someone blame you is pure hateful. I've fished Fork since 1986 and never had one thing stolen. Maybe it's because I don't fish at night or use public ramps or maybe just plain lucky but I would NEVER point a holier than thou finger at someone who was less fortunate. Do you take everything out of your house when you leave ? Many more homes are burglarized each day than boat docks or pickups at boat ramps. Maybe you will be the next victim of a home burglary or even worse robbed at gunpoint. Hopefully you won't receive the same criticism you dished out to these folks.
realmad

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Lake Fork Thieves [Re: TM487VS] #11770039 08/10/16 09:48 PM
T
TM487VS Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
T
Can you just imagine slowly idling in to a cove at 2AM to hit a favorite night fishing spot and find someone in a boat / pontoon boat with it jammed up with rods, reels trolling motors, a kayak, and a bass buster tied up behind it making a break for open water? Would keep my distance as I dialed 911 and know they could run, but not out-run me.

Lake F Labor Camp
Re: Lake Fork Thieves [Re: criglizard] #11770112 08/10/16 10:25 PM
H
heybaylor Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Originally Posted By: criglizard
The cops sure do love writing speeding tickets around the lake but theft continues year after year, even as technology improves. More cameras around the lake than ever before, but local police inability to catch and prosecute keeps these backwood meth heads coming back for more.

Side note...if you travel south on 17 from 515 to 182 (Alba), there is a cop that sits behind a small white barn and pulls you over as you come from the 50mph speed limit to 30mph to the stop sign. He should be patrolling the neighborhoods around the lake....

the Alba police only patrol Alba city limits, there are no neighborhoods on the lake that are in the city limits

heybaylor
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide