Forums59
Topics1,037,806
Posts13,934,776
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Opinions needed about cast netting in creeks in spring [Re: Mckinneycrappiecatcher] #11511545 03/30/16 07:11 PM
M
MrNovice Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
It's a good thought toward trying to solve a bad issue, Nick. Unfortunately, any proactive measure against keeping people from breaking laws usually restricts those that DO obey the laws, more than those that break them.

Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright
Re: Opinions needed about cast netting in creeks in spring [Re: Mckinneycrappiecatcher] #11518787 04/03/16 12:36 PM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
People also use car batteries to electricute fish to the surface... Do u also want to outlaw car batteries from the lake since they are also used for poaching? I have people that illegally hunt my ranch from time to time...should we outlaw firearms while we're at it? What about spot lighters who poach? Make flashlight illegal? From my experience, if you outlaw something, only the law abiding people will stop. The criminals will continue to poach no matter what. Tell them you called the game warden and watch how fast they get the hell out of there!

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️ Home of little boys holding big catfish! ⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Re: Opinions needed about cast netting in creeks in spring [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #11518815 04/03/16 01:08 PM
M
Mckinneycrappiecatcher Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
M
Originally Posted By: Cree
People also use car batteries to electricute fish to the surface... Do u also want to outlaw car batteries from the lake since they are also used for poaching? I have people that illegally hunt my ranch from time to time...should we outlaw firearms while we're at it? What about spot lighters who poach? Make flashlight illegal? From my experience, if you outlaw something, only the law abiding people will stop. The criminals will continue to poach no matter what. Tell them you called the game warden and watch how fast they get the hell out of there!
this is a little different, I'm not talking about outlawing cast nets, I'm just suggesting maybe ban it for a short period of time on small creeks to protect all species of fish when they are so concentrated. It was just an idea.

Re: Opinions needed about cast netting in creeks in spring [Re: Mckinneycrappiecatcher] #11519032 04/03/16 03:53 PM
M
moonriver Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
Go for it! I am all in for it.

Originally Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher
I am toying with the idea of lobbying for a law to outlaw cast netting in creeks from the months of February through May to protect game fish from illegal harvest by cast netters during the spring. As many of y'all may know cast netters can wipe out creeks this time of year especially in the smaller creeks. I believe making cast netting illegal from February through May on tributary creeks would cut through the guess work of whether or not someone is taking game fish or bait and in the long run would help protect our fisheries. I tried to post a poll but I couldn't figure out how to do it correctly so I'll just ask the bank fishing community about their opinion. Thank you, Nick.

Re: Opinions needed about cast netting in creeks in spring [Re: Mckinneycrappiecatcher] #11519098 04/03/16 04:53 PM
T
Tony from Oak Point Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Here is an idea. The state could set up high def hidden game cams around poaching hot spots in the creek along with high def night vision cameras in the parking areas. This could be done on the cheap these days given the proliferation of low cost camera technology. They could even "deputize" certain citizenry to help with the maintenance, deployment, and observation. Then people seen keeping game fish on camera can be linked up with certain vehicles that they depart in. I agree that there are too many laws and I know that resources are thin. However setting up something like the equivalent of a "red light camera" to get poachers sounds efficient to me?

Re: Opinions needed about cast netting in creeks in spring [Re: Mckinneycrappiecatcher] #11519309 04/03/16 08:57 PM
A
amobo45 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
Stupid idea

Re: Opinions needed about cast netting in creeks in spring [Re: Mckinneycrappiecatcher] #11519341 04/03/16 09:20 PM
M
MrNovice Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
It's so easy to criticize others and have absolutely nothing to add or any other ideas. Have a great day! thumb

Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright
Re: Opinions needed about cast netting in creeks in spring [Re: Mckinneycrappiecatcher] #11519385 04/03/16 09:46 PM
K
Knot at work Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
The thing is officers dont have the knowledge/education to enforce game laws like a game warden.

Lone Star Pool Care
Weekly service, repairs, installs, and sales
+1 (469) 344-9541‬‬

Re: Opinions needed about cast netting in creeks in spring [Re: Mckinneycrappiecatcher] #11519683 04/04/16 01:07 AM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Game wardens are stretched to thin trying to enforce a large areas.,...it's close to impossible to enforce game laws and that is why penalties for getting caught are so high...poaching makes me sick and if I see it I call the game warden and give them a description of the offender and their tag number...the game wardens I know are detectives when it comes to poaching and keep notes on active poachers...eventually they all get caught and have to pay big time...F em

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️ Home of little boys holding big catfish! ⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Re: Opinions needed about cast netting in creeks in spring [Re: Mckinneycrappiecatcher] #11529679 04/08/16 06:30 PM
L
LakeForkGroupie Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
So you want to create a law to keep people from breaking a law that already exist.

I don't think creating this new law, would stop people who are already breaking the law from doing it. They either do it, because they don't care, or they don't know. I think that some of this could be caused by Mexico citizens, as I believe it is legal there. They may assume it's the same law.

I was taught to read the TWPD pamphlet cover to cover, as time as gone by I release I am the exception not the norm. I assume many of us in this forum are those same exceptions.

Re: Opinions needed about cast netting in creeks in spring [Re: LakeForkGroupie] #11529683 04/08/16 06:34 PM
M
MrNovice Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted By: LakeForkGroupie
So you want to create a law to keep people from breaking a law that already exist.

I don't think creating this new law, would stop people who are already breaking the law from doing it. They either do it, because they don't care, or they don't know. I think that some of this could be caused by Mexico citizens, as I believe it is legal there. They may assume it's the same law.

I was taught to read the TWPD pamphlet cover to cover, as time as gone by I release I am the exception not the norm. I assume many of us in this forum are those same exceptions.

I just looked at the pretty pictures. roflmao

I believe all licensed citizens receive the TWPD booklet when you get your license. I imagine most of those breaking the laws...aren't licensed.

Last edited by MrNovice; 04/08/16 06:36 PM.

Re: Opinions needed about cast netting in creeks in spring [Re: MrNovice] #11529908 04/08/16 07:57 PM
L
LakeForkGroupie Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
Originally Posted By: MrNovice

I just looked at the pretty pictures. roflmao

I believe all licensed citizens receive the TWPD booklet when you get your license. I imagine most of those breaking the laws...aren't licensed.

Last few years, I have had to ask for it, or they were out.

Still people are breaking the law, more laws won't fix that.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide