Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,777
Posts13,952,588
Members144,176
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Chair Compare. Jackson Elite Seat 3.0 and Wildy Phase 3 AirPro Max #10652303 02/27/15 02:10 PM
T
Trips Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
T
Hi all. I'm looking for some direct feedback from folks who have sat in each of the newest seats. What did you like or prefer about either one? Did one win you over for the most all day comfort? Any bars or lines to them that hit big guys in uncomfortable areas?

I'd also like to know the travel distance from the low to high position. I haven't been able to find that anywhere online.

Appreciate the sponsored guys input, but really looking for some users who have been in both.

It's not intended to create any flame wars. I know both are solid and well liked, but I still have to make a decision between them and I'm not going to get to spend time on either before hand. Thanks.

Re: Chair Compare. Jackson Elite Seat 3.0 and Wildy Phase 3 AirPro Max [Re: Trips] #10652440 02/27/15 02:54 PM
R
RogerB Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I haven't been in either but hopefully someone has and can give the feedback you are looking for. I think they are both probably some of the better seats on the market - I would say at least go take a first hand look at each and sit in them on the showroom floor even if you don't have to time to check one out on the water. That will at least give you an idea of difference in hi and lo, etc. etc. GL.

KI, Barlows, Mountain Sports for the Jackson

Mountain Sports, Mariner Sails for the Wildy

Re: Chair Compare. Jackson Elite Seat 3.0 and Wildy Phase 3 AirPro Max [Re: Trips] #10652485 02/27/15 03:10 PM
T
Todd Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Don't let my signature fool you cause being an Ambassador is not the same as a "sponsored" guy. They don't pay me a dime but I'll talk about them because I believe in the products.

Both seats are great. I don't remember the actual numbers so I'll let one of the Wildy prostaff answer the specs question on the Airpro.

That being said you should demo them both because what's under that seat is more important. I did and now I'm an Ambassodor.

Re: Chair Compare. Jackson Elite Seat 3.0 and Wildy Phase 3 AirPro Max [Re: Trips] #10652578 02/27/15 03:39 PM
Jerry Hamon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I have tried both seats and can honestly say that the new Air Pro max is da bomb. If I had to choose between the two it would be that seat. That being said I agree with Todd that you have to also base your decision on more than just the seat. BTW, I'm not sponsored or on staff with either company.

Owner/Guide at River Crossing Guide Service

(214) 457-3407
revtcf@gmail.com
Re: Chair Compare. Jackson Elite Seat 3.0 and Wildy Phase 3 AirPro Max [Re: Trips] #10652732 02/27/15 04:29 PM
E
ETBA Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
E
I have never been in the Jackson seat...
That being said, I've had a ride for the last 3-4 years, so I've paddled all the air pro seats(low, high, and the new adjustable seat).
The new air pro seat is the best upgrade I've ever made to my kayak. With the new seat I don't have the same numb feeling in my legs that the old seat would give me after several hours of fishing. I am a big guy myself, and haven't noticed any discomfort from the wildy seat.

All that being said, demo them both and see which one YOU prefer.

Swimbaits Only.
Re: Chair Compare. Jackson Elite Seat 3.0 and Wildy Phase 3 AirPro Max [Re: Trips] #10652848 02/27/15 05:11 PM
B
Bob Landry Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I'm a total nooby to kayaks and I just bought the wife a Tarpon 100. I have not sat in the Jackson seat, but I was looking at the Ride 115 yesterday for myself and I did sit down on the AirPro Max, and I'm here to tell you, that seat is nothing but pure, unadulterated comfort. I don't dare let my wife sit down in one of those. The Jackson is probably as good.
I am curious, though, about one thing and that is if the other Wilderness models can be fitted with the Air Pro Max seat or is that something that has to come from the factory.

2015 Seaark 1872 MV CC Etec-90
Two Helix 12 CHIRP SI's, , MinnKota Riptide ST80/i-pilot Link, Bob's Hydraulic
2020 Robalo R200 CC, Yamaha 150

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Re: Chair Compare. Jackson Elite Seat 3.0 and Wildy Phase 3 AirPro Max [Re: Bob Landry] #10652937 02/27/15 05:44 PM
T
Todd Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Bob Landry
I am curious, though, about one thing and that is if the other Wilderness models can be fitted with the Air Pro Max seat or is that something that has to come from the factory.

You can get the seat separate and upgrade. It will fit 2012 and up Ride 115 and 135.

Re: Chair Compare. Jackson Elite Seat 3.0 and Wildy Phase 3 AirPro Max [Re: Todd] #10653135 02/27/15 06:47 PM
M
MikeU Offline
Angler
Angler
M
From wildly's site. "The Phase 3 AirPro Max super premium fishing seat is compatible with the Wilderness Systems Ride model family. This high/low seating system is poised to give kayak anglers the competitive advantage they need to sight fish from the seat of their Ride. The AirPro Max is optimized for comfort and transitions seamlessly from a low to high height position (and vice versa) without any clipping or loosening of straps. There is a third recline position for kicking back and relaxing. The breathable, mesh fabric is highly durable and UV resistant. Fits all Ride Series models from 2013 to current."
I wish it would work on a 2012

Re: Chair Compare. Jackson Elite Seat 3.0 and Wildy Phase 3 AirPro Max [Re: MikeU] #10653874 02/27/15 11:24 PM
M
mikepaddle Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted By: MikeU
From wildly's site. "The Phase 3 AirPro Max super premium fishing seat is compatible with the Wilderness Systems Ride model family. This high/low seating system is poised to give kayak anglers the competitive advantage they need to sight fish from the seat of their Ride. The AirPro Max is optimized for comfort and transitions seamlessly from a low to high height position (and vice versa) without any clipping or loosening of straps. There is a third recline position for kicking back and relaxing. The breathable, mesh fabric is highly durable and UV resistant. Fits all Ride Series models from 2013 to current."

The Gen 3 Rides came into existence with the 2012 models so the AirPro MAX will fit your Ride.[i][/i] We keep all three Gen 3 Ride seats (Low, Advance, & MAX) in our inventory. Mariner also offers a courtesy discount on the AirPro MAX seat if your 2012-2015 Ride was purchased from our store.

Re: Chair Compare. Jackson Elite Seat 3.0 and Wildy Phase 3 AirPro Max [Re: Trips] #10654223 02/28/15 01:12 AM
C
C-Frog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
I do not have much experience with the JK seats, other than demos that I tried out a few years ago. I really cannot make an accurate comparison as far as comfort goes but I do know that the WS seat can easily be adjusted to any of the three positions while staying grounded to the kayak and can be adjusted easily with one hand.

Re: Chair Compare. Jackson Elite Seat 3.0 and Wildy Phase 3 AirPro Max [Re: Trips] #10654786 02/28/15 03:54 AM
M
Matt-F Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Hey Trips

You'regoing to get a bunch of opinions here but I noticed you said you are a big guy and so am I (well, I'm wide at least :/) Haven't been in the Jackson, but I did demo the Ride seat for about 2 hours and it was comfortable though a little narrow for me. The kayak I ended up buying was the Old Town predator 13, and I have since spent about 20 hours in that kayak and that seat is hands down the most comfortable kayak seat I've ever been in. The travel for the predator seat from high to low is about 6 inches. I don't know where you are located but I do know that if you can get to Mariner Sails you could demo the ride and the predator in one day, those guys will take care of you for sure. if you want to know more about the predator you could PM me or check out the Facebook predator 13 owners page, there is a lot of information located there. Good luck with your search!

And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been...
Re: Chair Compare. Jackson Elite Seat 3.0 and Wildy Phase 3 AirPro Max [Re: Trips] #10654992 02/28/15 05:53 AM
C
Cyberfisherman Offline
Angler
Angler
C
I recently was almost about to purchase the Air Pro Max seat a few weeks ago in Mariner Sails but as I sat in it and tried to adjust it from the high to the low position, I could not do it from either position nor could anyone else that was there. Not saying that nobody was knowledgable, I just think we might all been doing it wrong. It seems that you have to stand up completely to change the level in the seat height position. If anyone has any other knowledge of how to properly adjust this seat easily then please post. I would really like to go back to Mariner Sails and get this bad boy. Im 5'11 235 lbs and I thought that may be the problem but my son who is like a pencil could not even do it. lol

Re: Chair Compare. Jackson Elite Seat 3.0 and Wildy Phase 3 AirPro Max [Re: mikepaddle] #10655255 02/28/15 02:02 PM
M
MikeU Offline
Angler
Angler
M
Originally Posted By: mikepaddle
Originally Posted By: MikeU

The Gen 3 Rides came into existence with the 2012 models so the AirPro MAX will fit your Ride.[i][/i] We keep all three Gen 3 Ride seats (Low, Advance, & MAX) in our inventory. Mariner also offers a courtesy discount on the AirPro MAX seat if your 2012-2015 Ride was purchased from our store.

Well that's what I get for reading. hammer

Guess I need to make the drive to Dallas next week. banana

Thanks for the info.

Re: Chair Compare. Jackson Elite Seat 3.0 and Wildy Phase 3 AirPro Max [Re: Trips] #10655699 02/28/15 04:46 PM
T
Trips Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
T
Cyberfisherman, Jeff Little did a video walk through that covers the operation of the AirPro Max. Jump to the one minute mark to see him changing seat position. Looks pretty straight forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJQqezjYuKU

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide