Print Thread
Vibe Sea ghost 130 Kayak #10580182 01/30/15 06:17 AM
I
ironmike104 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
I
I trying to get some feedback on this kayak I have a friend that is interested does anyone have one or know someone that have one????

Re: Vibe Sea ghost 130 Kayak [Re: ironmike104] #10580446 01/30/15 01:45 PM
U
UrsusVeritas Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U

click this

there are quite a few really awesome american made kayaks (new and used) not far from that price range. Talk to the people and Mariner Sails or any of the other local kayak shops. Demo. Then buy locally from a shop that will stand by their product.

just my honest opinion...

Re: Vibe Sea ghost 130 Kayak [Re: ironmike104] #10580765 01/30/15 03:34 PM
N
Neumie Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
N
Just a FYI, just because it's a Chinese product doesn't mean it can't be a quality kayak. FeelFree kayaks are made in China and I think they have a high quality kayak. I would contact Kayak Instruct in Rowlett and ask them about their in-house branded kayaks that are also molded in China. Should be able to at least give you their opinion of the quality and durability of the product.

Having said that, I do like the lines and design of the Vibe kayak. Personally though, I would not purchase a kayak unless the dealer has a physical location and I was comfortable that they would have my back in case of warranty issues.

Last edited by Neumie; 01/30/15 03:38 PM.

"Water is life's matter and matrix, mother and medium. There is no life without water." -Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." - Heraclitus
Re: Vibe Sea ghost 130 Kayak [Re: ironmike104] #10580791 01/30/15 03:44 PM
N
Neumie Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
N
Actually, upon further review, the Kayak Instruct KI-3 is the exact same kayak as the Vibe Sea Ghost 130 (they have the wrong specifications listed on the KI webpage). I would definitely give KI a call before I'd look elsewhere for that kayak since they're local.

Last edited by Neumie; 01/30/15 03:44 PM.

"Water is life's matter and matrix, mother and medium. There is no life without water." -Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." - Heraclitus
Re: Vibe Sea ghost 130 Kayak [Re: ironmike104] #10619012 02/15/15 12:18 AM
L
Lytrotis Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
L
Hey guys, I'm one of the co-owners of Vibe Kayaks and would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Neumie, looks like you're right — the KI-3 is definitely the same mold that we've licensed but there are some major differences. We visit our factory several times a year to make improvements to our kayaks and accessories and to make sure quality measures are being met. That said, some of the major differences we made to our Sea Ghost 130 are:

1 - Material - All Vibe Kayaks are high density polyethylene. The KI-3's are more than likely linear low density polyethylene. LLDPE is fine for the beginner budget paddler but it's much easier to scar and wears out much quicker. We paddle around oysters and rocks way too much to use LLDPE so we send high density raw material to our factory instead of using their standard LLDPE material.

2 - Rudder System - The Sea Ghost 130 foot pegs are clipped to nylon rails that slide freely inside of aluminum tracks. The foot pegs can be quickly adjusted while on the go and the aluminum tracks makes the rudder controls smooth as butter. We had those custom made since we don't like plastic-on-plastic rudder controls. When comparing similar models, you'll want to make sure the rudder cables aren't just tied to the foot pegs. The problem there is that you can't easily adjust the foot pegs for different leg lengths and the plastic foot pegs can bind in the plastic rails after a few uses.

3 - Warranty - We believe in our improvements and quality control measures and offer limited lifetime warranties on all Vibe Kayaks! Warranty

4 - HIN - All kayaks from Vibe Kayaks have a HIN (hull identification number) and MSO (manufacturer statement of origin) so you can register your boat, put a trolling a motor it (if your state requires registration for motors) or own it legally (some states require HIN's for any water vessel).

There are a few other minor differences with hatches, handles, seats, etc. but these are the biggies that I could think of.

Any other questions, feel free to gimme a shout!

Tight lines everyone!

Last edited by Lytrotis; 02/15/15 03:04 AM.

Fish junkie. Kayak addict.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide