Page 1 of 2 1 2
Crappie baiting #10594484 02/04/15 10:00 PM
J
JohnButte Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
J
So in Lake El Butto (retention pond in my neighborhood) one of the neighbors has been feeding the catfish. He throws corn kernels and dog food to them. I have noticed that not long after he does this I am able to clean up on crappie nearby. So my speculation is that baitfish are also coming to get the food, and that lights up the crappie. Do yall think that's what is going on?

Second question. I'll be vacationing in September on a feeder creek of the Colorado river near lbj/inks/buchanan, and crappie fishing has been very hit or miss there. Would baiting like at El Butto be likely to increase my chances, and if so what should I be throwing in the water?

Thanks in advance for any tips and feedback.

Re: Crappie baiting [Re: JohnButte] #10594507 02/04/15 10:16 PM
C
Choupique Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
See the interesting thread on Crappie Cakes in this section...

Choupique
Re: Crappie baiting [Re: Choupique] #10594563 02/04/15 10:36 PM
B
brush pile 1023 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted By: Choupique
See the interesting thread on Crappie Cakes in this section...

This

Re: Crappie baiting [Re: JohnButte] #10595190 02/05/15 03:25 AM
M
monster crappie Offline
Angler
Angler
M
"Baitfish and structure are keys to success" says Wally Marshall (Mr.Crappie) in a Dallas morning news paper article. My name is Greg Culverhouse and I am the Crappie King. I've been using my baitfish attractant for years. It works... what you saw at the marina with the man feeding catfish is proof that it works. My product is designed to be put in the brush pile or structure or under marina slip wherever you want to fish. It brings the crappie by bringing the baitfish . Same principle as using a night light to catch fish but this crappie King cakes brings baitfish 24 hours a day and you don't have to have a 12 V battery to run it. It's so simple it's almost unbelievable but yet so very effective. It's just a matter of a short time before you will be able to buy this all across America at your bait shops and tackle stores. This product was designed and tested going back at least 50 years. I watched the old-timer's use this to catch crappie because back then electronics were not an option. They would use the old flasher graph to locate and structure or they would build their own brush pile. They would bait these holes with attractant and catch bucket loads of fish off of ONE brush pile. This is why many old-timer fishermen are very very secretive of their locations they didn't have many and they knew how much it work it took to bait them. My crappie King cakes takes the work out of baiting a brush pile, peel open the package, drop three or four and whole and crumble one up to act as a bite stimulator. Thats it!! so easy and simple but deadly effective CK

Re: Crappie baiting [Re: monster crappie] #10597673 02/06/15 02:16 AM
C
crappiegetter Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Been there I know They DO WORK smile bannana2 cheers
Originally Posted By: monster crappie
"Baitfish and structure are keys to success" says Wally Marshall (Mr.Crappie) in a Dallas morning news paper article. My name is Greg Culverhouse and I am the Crappie King. I've been using my baitfish attractant for years. It works... what you saw at the marina with the man feeding catfish is proof that it works. My product is designed to be put in the brush pile or structure or under marina slip wherever you want to fish. It brings the crappie by bringing the baitfish . Same principle as using a night light to catch fish but this crappie King cakes brings baitfish 24 hours a day and you don't have to have a 12 V battery to run it. It's so simple it's almost unbelievable but yet so very effective. It's just a matter of a short time before you will be able to buy this all across America at your bait shops and tackle stores. This product was designed and tested going back at least 50 years. I watched the old-timer's use this to catch crappie because back then electronics were not an option. They would use the old flasher graph to locate and structure or they would build their own brush pile. They would bait these holes with attractant and catch bucket loads of fish off of ONE brush pile. This is why many old-timer fishermen are very very secretive of their locations they didn't have many and they knew how much it work it took to bait them. My crappie King cakes takes the work out of baiting a brush pile, peel open the package, drop three or four and whole and crumble one up to act as a bite stimulator. Thats it!! so easy and simple but deadly effective CK

Re: Crappie baiting [Re: JohnButte] #10597714 02/06/15 02:33 AM
S
soonersorlaters Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Back in the day, my uncle would sink a mesh bag with dry dog food (weighted with a rock) in the boat stall or corn meal in a panty hose to draw bait fish.

The crappie follow.

Re: Crappie baiting [Re: JohnButte] #10597721 02/06/15 02:36 AM
P
Peepaw on Fork Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
Range cubes and cotton seed cakes bring in the shad also

H. Burns
Re: Crappie baiting [Re: JohnButte] #10598210 02/06/15 06:27 AM
M
monster crappie Offline
Angler
Angler
M
I bet that those old-timers caught tons fish,. That's what my Ck Cakes produce is tons of fish... minus the burlap sack and rock. It is Deadly effective. Try some and when you Bingo and see it happen you will not leave to go fishin without some.

Ck

Re: Crappie baiting [Re: JohnButte] #10609521 02/11/15 06:13 AM
M
monster crappie Offline
Angler
Angler
M
This fish was caught by Dennis on Lake Hugo in Ok. Okiebob and Dennis Three days prior Baited this brush pile with crappie King cakes and fished it with no success. The fish were loaded up on the brush pile but they just wouldn't bite. I drove to Oklahoma and met them on the last day of fishing we went to a brush pile less than a quarter-mile from the marina . We got set up fish for 10 or so minutes then I decided to crumble the cakes scatter them all around the boat over the brush pile. Within three minutes Dennis caught this big fish (14 1/2 inches). Within about five minutes of that we caught another big fish and a smaller one. That was it, it looks like the bite stimulator aspect of the crappie King cake is more powerful than I first imagined. I believe of the Bob posted some sonar pictures of the cakes being deployed and completely clouding the entire sonar screen with powerful all-natural scent attractants. I think Dennis and Okie Bob were impressed I know I sure was. Stay tuned for more product updates as we fine tune this. Thanks for your orders your input and your patience CK

Is it the magic switch that starts a feed cycle ... sometimes yes ... sometimes no ...

but those sometimes when it does... makes this a must have every time you fish.

www.TheCrappieKing.com

Ck Cakes work ! 1 Bait your hole and 2 stimulate the feed cycle 3 catch more fish !!!

Re: Crappie baiting [Re: monster crappie] #10610207 02/11/15 04:03 PM
E
ezgoing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
E
Originally Posted By: monster crappie

It would be nice if you broke your advertising posts into paragraphs. That would make it easier for those who are willing to read your posts.

Re: Crappie baiting [Re: JohnButte] #10611774 02/12/15 12:44 AM
F
feagins28 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
popcorn

Re: Crappie baiting [Re: JohnButte] #10611860 02/12/15 01:09 AM
C
crappieking95 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
The fish in you neighborhood lake are used to being around that dock and being fed. You can't just go anywhere and throw some feed in the water and expect them to come to you, it doesn't matter what you throw in the water. If that were the case don't you think the pros/guides would be doing it? Try fishing around some structure. That will be your best bet. I'm not to familiar with the water you're fishing but just look for any type of structure.. Good luck looking forward to a report

Philippians 4:13
Re: Crappie baiting [Re: JohnButte] #10612603 02/12/15 05:09 AM
M
moonriver Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
popcorn2

Re: Crappie baiting [Re: crappieking95] #10616484 02/13/15 05:32 PM
J
JohnButte Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted By: crappieking95
The fish in you neighborhood lake are used to being around that dock and being fed. You can't just go anywhere and throw some feed in the water and expect them to come to you, it doesn't matter what you throw in the water. If that were the case don't you think the pros/guides would be doing it? Try fishing around some structure. That will be your best bet. I'm not to familiar with the water you're fishing but just look for any type of structure.. Good luck looking forward to a report

Oh, I get that the local fish are used to it. When I go on vacation will be at the cabin for a week. So I'm wondering if I do that all week long will I be able to condition the fish to it to be there and biting toward the end of the week? Thoughts on how long baiting takes to be effective.

There is very little structure accessible from the shore, so the fish tend to roam.

Re: Crappie baiting [Re: JohnButte] #10616523 02/13/15 05:48 PM
K
KidKrappie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Brush is the only bait that you need for Crappie. Anything else will only bring in unwanted fish.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide