Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Re: Pond Reviews [Re: Bazztex] #9371576 10/04/13 08:42 PM
B
barryfish Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I'll be there monday afternoon early evening. No wind makes it alot easier to throw the small split shots.

Re: Pond Reviews [Re: Bazztex] #9579924 12/20/13 05:10 AM
S
saangler55 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
S
Hamilton Town Lake, Hamilton, Texas
Rating: 2
Availability: Open to the public
Fish: Bass, Bluegill, Carp, few bullhead and flatheads

This is a very interesting lake to fish, it has an abundance of bass and bluegill with other species being almost absent as far as I can tell. I have netted and hook and line fished it many times and caught many bass and bluegill in the net and some large bass on hook and line. What baffles me is the aparent absence of catfish, the pond is deep and rocky with very diverse cover, I have however heard of people catching bullhead and flatheads but havent caught any despite many days of fishing. Maybe I'm not fishing it correctly or maybe its over fished, who knows!

Re: Pond Reviews [Re: Bazztex] #9766446 02/24/14 02:22 PM
D
Double K Outdoors Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Unknown Name - Allen Texas
Rating: 4
Availability: Public
Fish: Bass, Bluegill

This particular Pond is not heavily fished because most people think it's there for looks. It's on Stacy road in Allen Texas, East of the Allen Convention Center and just South of In-N-Out burger (behind it).
There are tons of perch/bluegill and there are lots of small bass. I haven't caught any bass of significant size, but there are lots of them. The perch also get big in that pond. There some they weigh about a pound. Best time to go is spring through fall. You can still catch during the cold weather months, but it's not as easy. During the spring-fall, you can catch anywhere between 10-15 an hour if using the correct bait. I've never used live bait there and the best that I've done was 30 bass is 2 hours. They may not be big, but if you are wanting to have younger kids/children get interested, this would be a good place to take them. That being said, I wouldn't take small children there, but a child over the age of 5 I would think be ok. The edge of the bank can be a little tricky in some area's and I wouldn't want any small child to fall in. This is a great pond that I fish regularly and always leave catching at least a few. I'm sure if you were to take live worms/nightcrawlers you would catch so many your hands would hurt.

~You won't catch any fish if you don't try!
[Linked Image]

Re: Pond Reviews [Re: Bazztex] #9766486 02/24/14 02:37 PM
D
Double K Outdoors Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Glendover Park - 1290 Scottsman Dr Allen, TX 75013
Rating: 3
Availability: Public - Catch and Release only
Fish: Bass, Perch and Catfish

This city ran pond works great for catfishing anytime. It has a dock that you can fish off. Some of the catfish are good sized. I've personally caught a 5 pound catfish in there. Raw bacon seems to be the trick. Stays on a while and catches more.
There are lots of small perch/bluegill/sunfish in this pond and kids can walk around this one easily as there is a sidewalk and very little trees or bushes. There is not any real sudden change in the ground so young children are welcome here. The pond is a little deeper than some other and that allows the fish to grow. I've caught a couple bass that were 3 pounds and I've seen bigger caught there. This pond can be very tricky though for bass fishing. The best times to go is a warmer overcast day or early mornings. Late in the day can produce well but overcast is the big key. Live bait works well here but artificial can produce just as well. I've caught them on cranking baits, soft plastics and top water.

~You won't catch any fish if you don't try!
[Linked Image]

Re: Pond Reviews [Re: Bazztex] #9825429 03/15/14 05:23 AM
L
lodell23 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
Denton TX?

Texas A&M '22
Re: Pond Reviews [Re: Bazztex] #9858205 03/27/14 12:45 AM
W
Wazbe Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
W
Has anyone fished any ponds that are public in Red Oak area or has anyone fish the Red Oak Library Pond?

Red Oak Library Address: 140 Clear Creek Dr, Red Oak, TX 75154

Re: Pond Reviews [Re: Bazztex] #9858414 03/27/14 01:47 AM
B
blooper961 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
The red Oak pond is a bust.
They drained the pond and enlarged it.All the fish went down a creek.
Whats left, who knows? but it will not be much.

Re: Pond Reviews [Re: blooper961] #9858440 03/27/14 01:56 AM
W
Wazbe Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
W
Originally Posted By: blooper961

Thanks for the reply. I am guessing they drained it back in 09 if I am not mistaken? Has anyone fished the Bear Creek pond in the Bear Creek Nature Park?

Address: Bear Creek Nature Park, 1000 Bear Creek Rd, Lancaster, TX 75146

Re: Pond Reviews [Re: blooper961] #9858883 03/27/14 10:14 AM
S
steveiam Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: blooper961

https://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/action/stock_bywater.php?WB_code=1085

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: Pond Reviews [Re: banker-always fishing] #9938783 04/26/14 09:16 PM
D
DWinn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
D
Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Converse Lake. This lake is also located in the City of Converse TX. (Northeast of San Antonio). It is a community lake that does not have any docks. Fishing is done mainly from the bank and small "John" Boats are permitted.

This lake has some very large Blue Gills and Redears. There are also some nice Channels and some very nice Bass. I have heard of some six plus being pulled from this lake. I personally have seen a couple of five ponders caught.

I would give this lake a 4 ratting just on the quality of the fish there. The water is mainly clear through out the year. During the summer there is a lot of moss that you have to deal with. Other than that for the most part it is a fairly easy lake to fish.

Featherlite Converse
Rating: 3.5
Availability: fishing welcome even when the gate is closed
LMB,Crappie,Bluegill,Redear Sunfish, green sunfish, Channel and yellow cats
Where: Located behind the little league fields in Converse Park #2
Description: The largemouth can be caught with Senko's, finesse worms, trick worms, baby brush hogs, craws, small jerkbaits, crankbaits, topwater, spinnerbaits.
There are two ponds which from my understanding are the result of an old strip mine. They have been there atleast 50 years at full pool they are joined by a canal.
The first one is the deepest 15-20 at full pool. The water is normaly clear down to 6 feet. The bass can be challenging to catch but I have caught bass up to 6lbs from here and have heard stories of bigger. My best luck has been senko's, small swimbaits, or small crankbait medium divers.
The second one isn't as deep only reaching 10 feet in the middle. The water clarity isn't as good but can also be clear up to 3 feet. The bass seem to be easier to catch in this one but I think it's because they are more closely concentrated to the bank vs the deeper one. I caught more fish on reaction baits generally speaking but pretty much every bait I listed. I caught bass up to 5lbs in this one but actually saw a guy catch a 7lbr. Great place for topwater especially late summer. I've had my best days when it was windy and overcast and the late bite has always been best. I really enjoyed fishing these while living in San Antonio for 20 years they taught me a lot and the first one can be very challenging. I've never been skunked as much at any other place I've fished consistently in my entire life with that being said once I reallized the bass were very seasoned and was willing to change my approach and down size line and lures and fish overcast days more than blue bird days I could consistently catch a few bass usually 1 or 2 atleast 18". Still one of my favorite places to bank fish My son caught his first bass and bluegill here as well as some memorable experiences with minnows!

Re: Pond Reviews [Re: Bazztex] #9962584 05/06/14 01:11 PM
M
Mulholland Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Review: Lake Vial at Warren Sports Complex
Rating: 4
Availability: Fishing welcome, 2 piers, well groomed shore line with accessibility 360* around the lake, great fishing form the dam
Fishes; Largemouth bass, from dinks to 3-4lb range personally caught last weekend, large Koi/goldfish and carp seen feeding, and I am told catfish can be had
Where: off Eldorado Pkwy just west of Preston Rd in Frisco Tx
Description: best luck I've had is off the damn, hydrilia line in water 4-5 ft out, 4-5ft depth, high water clarity, most catching done on drop shot rigged baby bass 3-4" flukes fished slowly with about 18" under the hook to weight. Bite has been very hard hits. Unable to fish effectively with much save for plastics and top water, snot grass kinda bad at present... didn't have any luck top water though the action was there at sunset, and targeting the fish after they broke water I was able to get them out with the drop shot as mentioned... tried zara spook, buzzing zoom horny toad on surface, hula popper, no luck on blow ups but the fish were happy to bite when tossed plastics where they were eating.

Re: Pond Reviews [Re: saangler55] #10039569 06/05/14 03:43 PM
R
Roller22 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: saangler55
Hamilton Town Lake, Hamilton, Texas
Rating: 2
Availability: Open to the public
Fish: Bass, Bluegill, Carp, few bullhead and flatheads

This is a very interesting lake to fish, it has an abundance of bass and bluegill with other species being almost absent as far as I can tell. I have netted and hook and line fished it many times and caught many bass and bluegill in the net and some large bass on hook and line. What baffles me is the aparent absence of catfish, the pond is deep and rocky with very diverse cover, I have however heard of people catching bullhead and flatheads but havent caught any despite many days of fishing. Maybe I'm not fishing it correctly or maybe its over fished, who knows!
I grew up fishing this lake. I've caught bass up to 7 lbs. and catfish over 12lbs. We would always set lines for cats, very seldom did we fish with R&R for cats. I can tell you that there are catfish in there and next time try small perch for bait. 2-3 inch perch are best. The point directly across from the damn is where I've had the best luck. Great little lake, would be awesome to own a lake this size and stock it with huge LMB. It has great cover and is deep like you mentioned.

I Thes. 5:16-18
Re: Pond Reviews [Re: Bazztex] #10116417 07/07/14 09:55 AM
T
txsarge Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
anything good in or around Denton?

David
KF5EPT

Re: Pond Reviews [Re: Bazztex] #10153846 07/21/14 08:56 PM
Bass6296 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Fossil creek golf course has some pounders in their ponds. Creature baits or worms do the job. Catch 20 a day in the one pound range.

Re: Pond Reviews [Re: Bazztex] #10230960 08/22/14 08:15 PM
Pop751 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Caught this little lady at Russell Creek Park about 7 AM Saturday, August 16th on a Ribbit Frog.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide