Early June fishing

Early June fishing can be a little difficult sometimes. Although you can still put limits of sand bass and a good box of crappie and catfish in the boat plus a few hybrids, the pattern starts changing.

You are still looking for birds working early but you might run into little bitty fish instead of the more mature ones. June little fish start showing up all over the lake so just get ready to look for another school of fish that may be what you are actually looking for.

When it starts getting hot, the fish will be holding off the deeper breaks around Pelican Island and 309 flats. This is also the when the Hybrid Striper will start showing up for us.

Right now Im going with Rattle Traps early than switching to slabs by mid morning.
If I feel hybrids are mixed in with the sand bass, I switch to the sassy shad or maybe big crank bait.

Crappie are going pretty good for me on minnows in water mainly 15 to 17 feet maybe even 20 feet.

Blue catfish are kind of mixed in around the sand bass on the deeper humps and fingers. I like fresh caught shad for a fast bite. Jug lines, noodles and trotlines are a really fun way to get after the catfish. It's just really neat to catch fish on a sit line. There is always something for everyone you know!!!

To book your trip today call Bob Holmes Guide Service
Longest Continuous Working Fishing Guide on the Lake and still the RECORD HOLDER!!

214 728 3310
bob@texasfishingguide.net
www.texasfishingguide.net