Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: No pre Kindergarden. [Re: leethefishking] #12214669 04/25/17 01:24 AM
T
txshotgun Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Originally Posted By: leethefishking
In the town I work in we have a new pre k for low income families. Once the school opened we dealt with major traffic issues due to nearly every parent driving to the school to pick up their child instead of utilizing the provided buses. The thing that stands out about this issue is that they now line up starting a little after noon. Often both parents are in the car. These are 20 somethings that look like capable workers. They have nice cars and sit in line on their smart phones until they pick the kids up. I understand the need for this facility but it should be for people who struggle to make ends meet. If neither parent works put the money into training the parents to get their own kids of to the right start.

Observation can be tainted by our pre-conceived notions. How many parents that you saw worked shifts? It's hard to know someone's situation from a snapshot as you're passing by...

Recycle! Become an organ donor!

Re: No pre Kindergarden. [Re: blooper961] #12214723 04/25/17 01:48 AM
L
leethefishking Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
I'm well aware of confirmation bias and can assure you that's not the case here. I know many of these folks from dealing with them for the past twenty years. And not just passing by but more like trying to come up with a way to keep traffic moving around the gridlock it causes in the area each day. Again I'm for the program because I see the alternative daily. The part I don't agree with is capable people having free child care all day so they can have more free time

Re: No pre Kindergarden. [Re: blooper961] #12215028 04/25/17 12:15 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
If we want to gripe about cost of daycare, point the blame at our government regulations and insurance cost. 30-40 years ago, anyone could open a daycare.

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: No pre Kindergarden. [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #12215113 04/25/17 12:58 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan
If we want to gripe about cost of daycare, point the blame at our government regulations and insurance cost. 30-40 years ago, anyone could open a daycare.

The daycare we use is insured and has all the permits etc. and it is dirt cheap compared to what most people talk about.

It is not the permitting and insurance jacking up the rates it is a daycare yanking at your heart strings because they know mommies and daddies will pay anything so their baby has something better than the rest.

Re: No pre Kindergarden. [Re: redchevy] #12215123 04/25/17 01:07 PM
Ghost4BH Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: redchevy

The daycare we use is insured and has all the permits etc. and it is dirt cheap compared to what most people talk about.

It is not the permitting and insurance jacking up the rates it is a daycare yanking at your heart strings because they know mommies and daddies will pay anything so their baby has something better than the rest.

Again....
Originally Posted By: JayC41
I'll take the quality of person watching my child at a facility that charges $1,000 per month any day over one that charges $300 per month. Not to mention the quality of meals and snacks they are feeding my child.

Re: No pre Kindergarden. [Re: redchevy] #12215362 04/25/17 02:48 PM
C
COFF Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C

It is not the permitting and insurance jacking up the rates it is a daycare yanking at your heart strings because they know mommies and daddies will pay anything for the illusion that their baby has something better than the rest.

FIFY

Re: No pre Kindergarden. [Re: Jacob] #12215420 04/25/17 03:09 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
My wife is a teacher also. The district she just left didn't offer bus-ing to and from the parent's school and it only offered low-income pre-k. The new district she's at offers pre-k to teacher's kids and buses the kids from their campus to the parents campus. It's amazing to see what districts care about teachers and which ones don't.
Originally Posted By: Jacob
My wife and I both teach in the same district, and our kid won't be able to go to the preschool in our district because teacher pay makes us ineligible.

The district I used to work for had a pre-k class for teachers' kids only and would also have a bus that took them and dropped them off to the campus their parent worked at when the day was over.

Regarding the OP - that's an unfortunate situation. Not much you can do about it. $300 is really cheap for daycare, much less pre-k. We pay $600 a month for our son that's about to turn 3.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: No pre Kindergarden. [Re: blooper961] #12215429 04/25/17 03:12 PM
diggerwolf Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: blooper961
My grandaughter.4 years old goes to Lewisville-Flower Mound pre pre K.
This is a govt funded thing for low income.
This fall they said my grandaughter cannot attend pre K because my daughter makes too much money.
They told her she could find a private school for 300 a month which my daughter cannot afford.
Good thing she gets to go to Kindergarten when shes 5-6 reguardless of what her mom makes.

Meh. I applied for food stamps, but they said I made too much money. Apparently food stamps are a govt funded thing for low income.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" ― Hunter S. Thompson
Re: No pre Kindergarden. [Re: redchevy] #12215568 04/25/17 03:57 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B

Well, location has a lot to do with cost. All buildings don't come with the same price tag. Some areas of town the location will cost more....and you will pay more. Typical business.

BUT yes, insurance and regulation has taken it's toll on this business. Did you know due to insurance reasons a daycare school can be only open so many hours, and only 2 days a week. If they are open more...bring on the regulations and insurance cost. That is why many churches only offer Mothers Day out for 5 hours, 2 days a week.

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: No pre Kindergarden. [Re: blooper961] #12215573 04/25/17 03:59 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Lot of folks I know use 2 different Mothers Day out facilities/churches. Monday and Wednesday at one church, Tuesday and Thursday at another church.

Re: No pre Kindergarden. [Re: blooper961] #12215611 04/25/17 04:20 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
Daycare costs and logistics are all part of popping out kids. Should have taken that into account before breeding.

Why is the government involved?

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: No pre Kindergarden. [Re: Moto-Moto] #12215694 04/25/17 04:48 PM
donothin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: Moto-Moto
Originally Posted By: Davedave
Originally Posted By: bogey♂
My daughter is in pre-K right now and she can read, write and do math. I agree that it's expensive but worth it.

Can she weld?

Very important.

She will not ever have to. She will be the engineer who designed it for the welder.

Re: No pre Kindergarden. [Re: Moto-Moto] #12218165 04/26/17 10:37 PM
G
glenls Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
G
Originally Posted By: Moto-Moto
Originally Posted By: Davedave
Originally Posted By: bogey♂
My daughter is in pre-K right now and she can read, write and do math. I agree that it's expensive but worth it.

Can she weld?

Very important.

And yes my 8 year old granddaughter can but the TIG lessons are going a little slow.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide