I know that point quite well, it's close to my camp. I never had much luck on it myself either. Almost every boat that runs past it stops and throws a few times. When the shad are pushed up I have caught a handful of black bass but not very often, early there is usually a bunch of whites there.

I think the biggest issue is as someone already said lack of shallow flats for spawning nearby, also the lack of structure for the fish to suspend around at the right depth. No hydrilla that I have ever seen either.

I think we as fishermen sometimes over think things and everyone with the quality of electronics nowadays can complicate everything. If it looks awesome on a map it probably gets fishe a lot at Rayburn. I tend to have way better luck at Rayburn on smaller hidden breaks that others often overlook. A few spots I have been having good luck at Rayburn lately is where a flat or point that levels off around 12' then has a drop into a creek or ditch to 18 or 20' my last trip I spent a few hours going around an underwater island that was 8 feet on top and dropped off to 35-40 feet on 3 sides with brushpiles all around from 17-30' without a bite. It essentially looked just like the point you are fishing and on the depth finder it looked great except the fish were not there. Kind of an old saying 95% of the bass are in 5% of the water. Not every perfect looking spot to us will hold fish.

Skeeter FXR 21
Yamaha
Humminbird/Garmin
Lews