Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: FLW Costa Rayburn [Re: bigfishtx] #12633921 02/18/18 03:53 PM
F
Flooringit Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
I dont think many people could pass up a 10 sitting on a bed. I couldnt. Is if I see some 3s wont even toss at them lol. Its a tough call. Lots of folks dont catch many big ones its a great time for them guys to catch one. I personally like catching them on the way in. But if I see a 10 on a bed I will throw at it for sure

Last edited by Flooringit; 02/18/18 04:49 PM.

2013 Phoenix 920xp
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: FLW Costa Rayburn [Re: bigfishtx] #12633992 02/18/18 04:47 PM
Billy Blazer 300 HPDI Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
I've always said, people catch more fish on beds that don't see than the ones they see.

Thanks, Billy
Re: FLW Costa Rayburn [Re: lamoon78] #12634033 02/18/18 05:23 PM
Minner Bucket Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: lamoon78
Originally Posted By: Danny L. Weems
Congratulations to all that was able to adjust and find the bigger fish.
I had a decent practice and was getting some pretty good bites on deep brush up until I got off the water shortly after noon on Wednesday.
I figured they would be moving up shallow any time so I started in a classic shallow staging area were I had got quality bites on traps each time I checked it through the week. Nothing happing on the trap for me so we go run the deeper stuff and never got a bite. Went back shallow and co angler catches 3 pretty quick on a spinnerbait, I pickup a spinnerbait and we catch several short fish. Get back to the back of a drain into 62 water and see beds everywhere,then the Bucks move in after noon and we proceeded to catch over 20 fish to weed through and manage a couple small limits. I didn't feel too bad when some of the local hammers weighed in small bags as well.
Day two I just knew the big girls would have moved up overnight but no luck, just about the same as day one and still no deep bite. Drew a local co angler that has done well in previous events so we ran his stuff and caught a bunch of fish but never found any size. I did have a 4-5lb fish on a wacky senko behind some bushes but come unbuttoned before I could get to her.
If you have a chance to get down to Rayburn in the next week or so you better take it, it's fixing to bust wide open. The BFL March 3rd and 4th should be a sight fishing shootout if the weather cooperates.

I had a decent practice and was getting some pretty good bites on deep brush up until I got off the water shortly after noon on Wednesday.
I figured they would be moving up shallow any time so I started in a classic shallow staging area were I had got quality bites on traps each time I checked it through the week. Nothing happing on the trap for me so we go run the deeper stuff and never got a bite. Went back shallow and co angler catches 3 pretty quick on a spinnerbait, I pickup a spinnerbait and we catch several short fish. Get back to the back of a drain into 62 water and see beds everywhere,then the Bucks move in after noon and we proceeded to catch over 20 fish to weed through and manage a couple small limits. I didn't feel too bad when some of the local hammers weighed in small bags as well.
Day two I just knew the big girls would have moved up overnight but no luck, just about the same as day one and still no deep bite. Drew a local co angler that has done well in previous events so we ran his stuff and caught a bunch of fish but never found any size. I did have a 4-5lb fish on a wacky senko behind some bushes but come unbuttoned before I could get to her.
If you have a chance to get down to Rayburn in the next week or so you better take it, it's fixing to bust wide open. The BFL March 3rd and 4th should be a sight fishing shootout if the weather cooperates.

IMHO shouldnt be allowed in tournaments to bring fish in off beds period.

popcorn

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn [Re: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI] #12634521 02/19/18 01:06 AM
B
bigfishtx Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI
I've always said, people catch more fish on beds that don't see than the ones they see.

Yep!

Keep the Lord in your heart and keep your powder dry.
5:5
Re: FLW Costa Rayburn [Re: Jarrett Latta] #12634571 02/19/18 01:52 AM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Y'all do realize that if you are fishing in less than 6ft of water this time of year you are catching way more fish off beds than the guys actually looking for particular fish? To say you shouldn't be allowed to bring in bed fish is crazy. You'd have to close the lake. Anyone beating the bank with senkos and such are catching tons of sight fish they just don't know it...

Spot on.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: FLW Costa Rayburn [Re: Jarrett Latta] #12634636 02/19/18 02:29 AM
T
TxBassAndCrappie Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Yeah I don't think bed fishing has had much of an effect if any on the lake.. The fishing on Rayburn couldn't be better right now. It's on fire if you can find the right water. I fished as a co angler and did pretty good but could have done better. Lost a giant at the boat. That fish is gonna haunt me til the day I die. I guess that's why they call it fishing and not catching.

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn [Re: bigfishtx] #12634672 02/19/18 02:52 AM
C
Captain Chunk Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Florida Fish and Wildlife researches bed fishing and determined there was no significant impact. Link

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide