Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Graphing fish [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12537267 12/13/17 07:48 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted By: Flooringit
I got lucky and was a co angler with Darold Gleason being the boater. Yeah for me. He fished several good places. But he had a few schools out deep in drop offs. He said to me thats where your gonna catch your fish. Lol I caught fish everywhere but hammered them there. He would drive in circles over the drop offs and as soon as he went Over a school he immediately backed up and we threw to them. He had a little trick to get them biting. I wont share the spot or his trick. I was curious I asked how come they dont spook after we go over them and back up he said cause their 25 deep. If they were shallower they would scatter. Super nice guy.

So.....if I get to within a boats length of shallow fish, they swim off.....but a boats length over the top of them and they stay? Hmmmm

Play along Steez, it was a good story. I do know for a fact everytime I launch my boat they scatter and when I say scatter I mean they scatter.

Last edited by GIG'EM AGGIES; 12/13/17 07:50 PM.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Graphing fish [Re: BoneDiamond] #12537324 12/13/17 08:45 PM
BoneDiamond Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
I could have been a little more specific to clear it up a little. I'm mainly using side scan. So I have been going back around and dropping a buoy is because I wasn't exactly sure of where the fish were in relation to the boat. I will take the advise and adjust my approach to fishing these schools per the information shared.

Re: Graphing fish [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12537708 12/14/17 01:45 AM
F
Flooringit Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
I got lucky and was a co angler with Darold Gleason being the boater. Yeah for me. He fished several good places. But he had a few schools out deep in drop offs. He said to me thats where your gonna catch your fish. Lol I caught fish everywhere but hammered them there. He would drive in circles over the drop offs and as soon as he went Over a school he immediately backed up and we threw to them. He had a little trick to get them biting. I wont share the spot or his trick. I was curious I asked how come they dont spook after we go over them and back up he said cause their 25 deep. If they were shallower they would scatter. Super nice guy.

So.....if I get to within a boats length of shallow fish, they swim off.....but a boats length over the top of them and they stay? Hmmmm

Play along Steez, it was a good story. I do know for a fact everytime I launch my boat they scatter and when I say scatter I mean they scatter.

Lol story , sure.

2013 Phoenix 920xp
Re: Graphing fish [Re: BoneDiamond] #12537850 12/14/17 03:28 AM
44 Diesel Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: BoneDiamond
I could have been a little more specific to clear it up a little. I'm mainly using side scan. So I have been going back around and dropping a buoy is because I wasn't exactly sure of where the fish were in relation to the boat. I will take the advise and adjust my approach to fishing these schools per the information shared.

Depending on what brand of graph you have but some allow you to put the cursor over the fish or structure on the side scan view.. Then you can mark a waypoint at the cursor. Then you turn on the range rings or casting rings then work around that waypoint you created. With Humminbird and i pilot link makes even easier

Re: Graphing fish [Re: Flooringit] #12538000 12/14/17 12:07 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Lol story , sure.

Wasn't insinuating your story wasn't true, it was obviously a true account of your experience with a professional guide but saying the bass would scatter in shallow water could be debated and that's what Steez was doing. Many times I have caught bass flipping or pitching when they would be no more than 10-12 feet from the boat. In fact that's my favorite way to fish. I do believe your story though.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Graphing fish [Re: BoneDiamond] #12538673 12/14/17 10:50 PM
F
Flooringit Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
I think bass scatter in shallow water cause theres a object around 7 ft tall there. I often wonder if a boat just floated down the bank and a camera was able to follow I think fish would take longer to scatter. I have fished in a stump field got hung up. Went on top of the piece of wood I was stuck on and shakes my lure vigously and when it came off a bass has smashed it. And that was only 8-10 ft deep. How could it not see my boat? This was a clear lake with a dark bottom. I think fish in the deeper water see a boat cant distinguish between cloud or boat.
I have watched a 5lb fish ( large mouth ) swim directly at the boat and was able just to scoop it up with the net Never seen anything like it. Howd it not see the boat or the people standing on it.

2013 Phoenix 920xp
Re: Graphing fish [Re: BoneDiamond] #12538686 12/14/17 11:07 PM
H
hookinbass Offline
Angler
Angler
H
Ive caught fish on a drop shot in 5 of water under the boat

Lews
Xtreme Angler Series Rods
Re: Graphing fish [Re: hookinbass] #12538826 12/15/17 01:41 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: hookinbass
Ive caught fish on a drop shot in 5 of water under the boat

I won a tourney not to long ago punching matted grass that had 12 INCHES of water under it with my boat squished up next to it in 1-1/2 foot of water. I literally had em cornered......and they still clobbered my punch rig. All of them were 3-5 pound bass.

Sometimes the bass are just plain stupid.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide