Texas Fishing Forum

public fishing spots in Rockport Texas

Posted By: Fowl_Smokin

public fishing spots in Rockport Texas - 07/10/17 05:27 PM

Just starting to get into the salt water fishing. The wife and I are going to Rockport in October to fish for bull reds and looking for places to fish. We are looking for piers or other ways to fish without a boat.

Thanks
Posted By: Grinder55

Re: public fishing spots in Rockport Texas - 07/10/17 07:14 PM

I wrote book just for anglers like you Fowl_Smokin : WadeFish Rockport©

When I started guiding in the late 1990's, ... it was to help anglers catch fish.

When I invented the Rockport Rattler jigs in 2003 and got the US Patent on it in 2009, ... it was to help anglers catch fish.

Now the Rockport Rattler jigs I invented are sold coast to coast in Academy and other tackle shops for both freshwater and saltwater anglers.

When you apply the knowledge I give you in the WadeFish Rockport© Book & DVD, .. it help you catch fish - without a boat.
Posted By: Fowl_Smokin

Re: public fishing spots in Rockport Texas - 07/10/17 07:26 PM

Thanks for the reference. I will look for the book. Do you know of any maps showing places / piers to fish.
Thanks
Posted By: jbuell

Re: public fishing spots in Rockport Texas - 07/11/17 01:04 AM

Head to Goose Island State Park. Once you get on the east side of the bridge leaving Rock Port head to the old bridge fishing pier. Don't pay to go on the pair, just park there and go under the current new bridge you just drove accross. Cast out to the pilings either on bottom or use a popping cork. If you are using natural bait, put a live finger mullet on the line. If you're using plastics go with a light colored paddle tail or flats eel. If the waters murky use darker colors but its generally clear over there. For flounder walk over towards the old bridge fishing pier. Just let your cork float under the pier near the bank and get ready. No joke I limited on flounder there in 2 hours every day for 4 straight days.
Posted By: jbuell

Re: public fishing spots in Rockport Texas - 07/11/17 01:11 AM

Posted By: Neumie

Re: public fishing spots in Rockport Texas - 07/13/17 12:12 AM

If you're targeting bull reds in October, you're best bets are jetties and fishing near passes. So fishing Port Aransas, Packery and even Fish Pass jetties on Mustang & Padre Islands are your best bets.

For other access points check out this Google Map: CLICK

Re: public fishing spots in Rockport Texas - 07/13/17 01:35 PM

Wow !!!

There are some awesome fishing spots that are not on that map.

Knowing the best tides n' times and the season of the year to fish'em will make you a more productive angler.

Also knowing where any structure (reefs, guts or sandbars ) is located at a wade location helps an angler be more productive as well.

Re: public fishing spots in Rockport Texas - 07/14/17 04:10 PM

OMG !!!

I missed stuff? Stuff happens. I used to have more on there, but I took some off due to questionable legal access or construction issues (ie Live Oak Point/Tin Can Reef from causeway construction).

Maybe you can post some constructive advice instead of constantly pimping your product?

Re: public fishing spots in Rockport Texas - 07/14/17 06:26 PM

Neumie, you need inform yourself a little better.

There is plenty of constructive and CURRENT advice in my Fishing Reports and WadeFish Rockport© 2017 updates: WadeFish Rockport 2017 Updates

Furthermore, Troutsupport is on here twice as much as I am ... which would be by your definition and to quote you: "constantly pimping ... product". Both Tobin and I help anglers in our own way.

And, FYI, over the last 25 years I have seriously enjoyed helping several hundred thousand anglers, or more, with internet advice in PM's to texts to Message Boards, on charters as a professional guide while teaching and coaching youngsters to grandpa's; and, also by inventing a fishing lure called the Rockport Rattler© that has now helped several hundred thousand anglers coast to coast - both freshwater and saltwater - catch more fish since 2003. That's 14 years now and counting for the Rockport Rattler jigs I invented to be sold in tackle shops and high end sporting goods store and they will still be being sold and helping anglers catch more fish long after I am gone !!!

My WadeFish Rockport© Book© & DVD does the same thing - it helps anglers catch more fish.

I have really enjoyed helping other anglers catch more fish and become more productive anglers on their own - without a guide - over the last 25 years ... and that's what the WadeFish Rockport© Book & DVD does and will continue to do long after I am gone since my son will continue to publish it. cool

Here is a 14 YO young angler with a 30" trout he caught last June with his Dad @ Location #2 in my the WadeFish Rockport© book.

He and his Dad put the book & DVD to good use, no doubt about that.

The young teenagers smile say's it all.

Enjoy !!!

Re: public fishing spots in Rockport Texas - 07/14/17 07:41 PM

Actually, Tobin does very little pimping of his educational videos on his own. Nearly all posts mentioning Trout Support come from from very satisfied customers. It's true, Tobin posts more than you, but in his posts he takes the time to answer people's questions and manages to do so without linking to Trout Support every time. I only see your product mentioned in posts by you.

But whatever, keep on selling your product and ex-product in every single one of your posts.

Re: public fishing spots in Rockport Texas - 07/14/17 08:38 PM

Well thanks Neumie.

Your remarks remind me of the fake news reporters on CNN.

Laughable at best.

I'll just keep helping anglers catch fish, because that's what I do.

I enjoy it and it's a LOT of FUN !!!

Re: public fishing spots in Rockport Texas - 07/14/17 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Grinder55
Well thanks Neumie.

Your remarks remind me of the fake news reporters on CNN.

Laughable at best.

I'll just keep helping anglers catch fish, because that's what I do.

I enjoy it and it's a LOT of FUN !!!

OK
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: public fishing spots in Rockport Texas - 07/14/17 11:56 PM

Anyone who spills their guts on a public site is either very confident or very delusional.
I'll never say fish here in public again. Send a private message? Sure.

The quantity of potlickers here is staggering.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum