Texas Fishing Forum

Trout Rod Help

Posted By: jaw116

Trout Rod Help - 06/27/17 03:05 PM

Looking at either G. Loomis E6 inshore or St. Croix Tidemaster both 7" ML for trout fishing. I got a 13 fishing Concept TX for Father's day and I need a rod to go with it. I will use for both salt and freshwater finesse fishing. I'm tied to these two rods as I have BPS credit I need to cash in. Which one should I choose and why? TIA
Posted By: SaltGrass Guide Service

Re: Trout Rod Help - 06/27/17 03:26 PM

St. Croix med fast. You will have more feel even on windy days. Waterloo salinity is another good option for that reel.
Posted By: TroutSupport.com

Re: Trout Rod Help - 06/27/17 03:34 PM

I agree with the Med Light. Might also look at the Lews Custom Lite.. 85 million modulus blank. Awesome rod for the value. It's the Topwater jerkbait rod in their amazon store.. Both the rods above are good rods as well.

med or med light with a fast tip is perfect for trout. The med is a little better for tops and corkies and at the same time the med light is good for just about anything and throws tails really well.
Posted By: jaw116

Re: Trout Rod Help - 06/27/17 06:18 PM

Thanks for the input... Went with the St. Croix Tidemaster ML Fast 7". I'll probably end up using this more on the lake for shaky head fishing but I'm looking forward to trying it out in the bay.
Posted By: Grinder55

Re: Trout Rod Help - 06/27/17 10:47 PM

G. Loomis.

I have been using a G. Loomis for over 20 years.

IMHO, the flexibility and sensitivity in the rod tip is the perfect rod for trout, casting long distances and strong enough to hold a big red or shark.

Last fall I had an accident with it and G. Loomis replaced my 20 year old rod with a new one and all I had to do was pay the shipping cost.

An outstanding rod backed up with absolutely awesome service !!!

*** I have a St. Croix med/fast I bought last fall while I was waiting on my G. Loomis to be shipped to me and it doesn't have the feel and sensitivity that I am used to with my G. Loomis.
Posted By: Fishwfly

Re: Trout Rod Help - 06/28/17 11:33 PM

The new Gloomis E6X 901s inshore is a sweet rod/blank. I just got one last month and really like it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum