Texas Fishing Forum

First time to bay (aransas rockport Fulton) cant find the fish!

Posted By: cliff777

First time to bay (aransas rockport Fulton) cant find the fish! - 06/11/17 01:54 PM

Brought the family out to the bay for the first time and can't seem to find the fish. Didn't even get a bite yesterday and have no idea where to start. Went off shore yesterday morning and limited out in kings in a couple hours, now we can't find the reds, drum, trout etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: IslandJim

Re: First time to bay (aransas rockport Fulton) cant find the fish! - 06/12/17 01:57 AM

According to my Scienterrific Calculations, they have a serious case of LOCKJAW! They were all around my boat today, and I never got a bite! That must be it. It couldn't be because I suck at bay fishing.

Better luck tomorrow! IslandJim
Posted By: FishWrangler2

Re: First time to bay (aransas rockport Fulton) cant find the fish! - 06/12/17 03:03 AM

PM sent.
Posted By: McKinneyLonghorn

Re: First time to bay (aransas rockport Fulton) cant find the fish! - 06/12/17 03:22 PM

I know it may be too late, but I sent you a PM.
Posted By: TroutSupport.com

Re: First time to bay (aransas rockport Fulton) cant find the fish! - 06/12/17 09:40 PM

if you are wanting to catch some on lures you might try the edge of the grass on Traylor with incoming tide.. early. But if you're coming back in from a king trip, it's going to be too late for that. Trout have been moving deeper with the heat, at least the bigger fish are moving deeper. The little ones you can always find in potholes in the grass. Redfish should be moving back onto the flats and I've gotten some good reports from my customers on that as well. San Jose shoreline.
Posted By: Grinder55

Re: First time to bay (aransas rockport Fulton) cant find the fish! - 06/12/17 09:47 PM

Trout fishing had been good to excellent and at times ... to downright awesome this year.

Redfish are now showing up with the trout in some areas, so that just makes it even better.

Traylor Isle. is usually crowded so get ready for that if you try that location.

Grass beds as well as shell has been producing limits of trout.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum