Texas Fishing Forum

Beach Shark Fishing Guide

Posted By: WacoKid10

Beach Shark Fishing Guide - 05/31/17 07:57 PM

Anybody know if any beach shark fishing guides on Texas Coast? Seeking either Galveston, Port Aransas or South Padre, but really any information would be appreciated.

I want to try beach shark fishing, but I have limited time. Don't want to waste time learning. Want someone to show me.

Thanks
Posted By: skeeteroneal

Re: Beach Shark Fishing Guide - 05/31/17 10:32 PM

http://www.oceanepics.com/oecharters.php

Heard a lot about Oz. He knows his stuff. He was featured on a WFN show once.

Re: Beach Shark Fishing Guide - 06/08/17 02:50 PM

Thank you!

Anybody else know of any other outfitters for beach shark fishing?
Posted By: Bullet20XrD

Re: Beach Shark Fishing Guide - 06/08/17 03:34 PM

Eric is pretty much the best in the business, I don't know if Billy Sandifer still does it or not. PINS is the place to be.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Beach Shark Fishing Guide - 06/08/17 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Bullet20XrD
Eric is pretty much the best in the business, I don't know if Billy Sandifer still does it or not. PINS is the place to be.

Billy is a legend. I believe Oz took over for him.

Re: Beach Shark Fishing Guide - 06/08/17 08:45 PM

Thanks
Posted By: Capt. Andrew

Re: Beach Shark Fishing Guide - 06/11/17 01:38 PM

We do it. I have a team that we use. Its not really safe to only have one guy that knows whats going on when you get a shark to the beach. Let me know if you want to shark fish on south padre. We also fish off the skiff for sharks. We do not put them on the boat unless under 5'
Posted By: mickeytfc

Re: Beach Shark Fishing Guide - 06/11/17 01:53 PM

Definitely go with Oz at Oceans Epics on Padre Island National Seashore. It will be a great trip, you will learn a ton, and it will be the best chance to beach sharks. Do the overnight trip if you can, its worth the money. While you are waiting for the sharks to hit, you can have fun catching whiting and such for bait. We had as much fun catching, mostly hooking and jumping off, the biggest lady fish I have ever seen.

Read his archived articles at Texas Saltwater Fishing Magazine online. I go through all of them every time I go to the coast, along with Billy Sandifers.

All that being said though, I am very interested in Capt Andrew's skiff trip for sharks. I've got your website marked for more looking later.
Posted By: Just Bitten

Re: Beach Shark Fishing Guide - 06/12/17 03:51 AM

You can also try Spartan Expeditions. I know they do very well. Check them out on Facebook.
Posted By: Capt. Andrew

Re: Beach Shark Fishing Guide - 06/13/17 02:10 PM

Thanks. Now that the water is warm we should start to see them in shallow water. We had a 400lb bull last year.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Beach Shark Fishing Guide - 06/14/17 10:54 PM

All Beach area swimmers...pay attention to the above!!

Re: Beach Shark Fishing Guide - 06/26/17 05:28 PM

Thanks all
Posted By: jnd59

Re: Beach Shark Fishing Guide - 06/26/17 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: V-Bottom
All Beach area swimmers...pay attention to the above!!

Yep. Last year my youngest and I were camping straight in from the Myan Princess rigs. I watched a 4-5ft blacktip chasing bait in about a foot of water early one morning while we were waiting for good kayaking surf. He was there for about 15 minutes. If I had a rod ready I would have given him something to pay attention to but I was just lazy. About 10 minutes after that the swimmers started invading the beach and telling the kids to stay in close. I thought, if you only knew?
Posted By: Trunkful

Re: Beach Shark Fishing Guide - 06/28/17 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: JJ4MEL
Originally Posted By: Bullet20XrD

Billy is a legend. I believe Oz took over for him.

yep

cheers
Posted By: Just Bitten

Re: Beach Shark Fishing Guide - 06/30/17 04:39 AM

Did you find a guide?
Posted By: SCREAMINREELS

Re: Beach Shark Fishing Guide - 07/11/17 07:37 PM

Don't think there's anyone that compares to Oz. Lots of guides out there but that style is a niche and he does it day in and day out
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum