Texas Fishing Forum

Quick Re-Cap of 2016, Plus a Look Ahead to 2017; Seadrift, TX

Posted By: Captain Nathan Beabout

Quick Re-Cap of 2016, Plus a Look Ahead to 2017; Seadrift, TX - 12/30/16 02:53 PM

I have said it before, 2016 has been one of the best years I have seen in 6-7 years. With a lot of rainfall and the bay being flushed a few times with freshwater, to Cedar Bayou holding strong and staying open, we have seen incredible catches over oyster shell, the surf, sand, and mud areas. Coming out of summer we knew with the bay settling down our winter fishing was going to be hot. This year hasn't shown us much of a winter yet, and for that fishing has stayed very consistent. With the fronts only lasting a couple days, I have not seen much of a feeding change on trout and reds.

For the rest of our winter and start of 2017, according to long term forecast we do not have many big fronts coming. I believe our fishing will continue to stay very consistent right on through the spring. With water temps ranging from 58-63 degrees, and somehow our water level staying pretty constant through these fronts, fish never really feel the need to lay up all day. Yes, there are periods when the bite is more aggressive, but finding fish all day that bite has not been as hard as years past. With more crabs and bait fish in our bays than I have every seen, our spring fishing will produce solid catches and big trout.

I would like to thank all our Texas Fishing Forum customers and anyone just surfing the web who has fished and hunted with us this year. From fishing to deer hunting, thank you for allowing me to live my dream of sharing my knowledge of the outdoors with you all. Looking forward to a great 2017. If you would like to get out on the water this winter or spring, call or text me for more info on our winter discount. Thanks for the business, and hope to see you on the water!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Quick Re-Cap of 2016, Plus a Look Ahead to 2017; Seadrift, TX - 12/31/16 05:59 PM

Awesome post. Thanks for sharing. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum