Texas Fishing Forum

Seawolf park preference

Posted By: OUFishing-Sean

Seawolf park preference - 10/18/16 12:56 PM

If you had a choice between heading down there Friday afternoon and fish the evening and until about 10 or so, or waking up early Saturday and fishing there until about noon, which would you prefer? I know the fishing can change based on the time of year. Target species is anything we can take home and cook. I know the trout are good under the lights at night, but the flounder should be running Saturday. I'd also like to catch some reds as well. How would you fish Seawolf park, live bait? Artificial? Any advice or help is much appreciated.
Posted By: My Coast Outdoors

Re: Seawolf park preference - 10/18/16 02:08 PM

Always follow the tide. Check and see where you have the best tide moving. For me, in that area I like an outgoing for flounder and an incoming for reds.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Seawolf park preference - 10/18/16 02:32 PM

Get there at Low tide and fish the incoming tides....
Posted By: Dicster

Re: Seawolf park preference - 10/27/16 06:32 AM

I was there this weekend. Lots of under sized flounders. Carolina rigged with live shrimp is the ticket.
Posted By: kickingback

Re: Seawolf park preference - 10/27/16 09:31 AM

For the best bite go early in the morning. You cannot fish off the bank anytime it is dark. They enforce it all the time. Get there before sun up and fish ont he rocks next to pier or on the pier next to the rocks. The flounder are all out there. Small right now but will be bigger the next cold front. To target reds there use cut mullet or crab on bottom and fish the ICW side. For trout fish the lights at night or early morning. Sheepshead and sand trout and croaker can be caught all day under the pier all the way out.
Use Gulp tandem rigs for the flounder and bottom rigs for the rest.
Good luck.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum