Texas Fishing Forum

Weekend Wade Fishing Report; Seadrift, TX

Posted By: Captain Nathan Beabout

Weekend Wade Fishing Report; Seadrift, TX - 10/16/16 11:46 PM

The last few days have been exactly what you would hope for from October. Yes the air temp is back up, but our water remains between 77-81 degrees. This continues to show a strong bite for both trout and redfish. The lower reaches of our bay seem to be holding a lot of redfish, but no trout, and the eastern portion is just the opposite. We have chosen to stay in the eastern portion of SA Bay, to chase these 18-23" trout. This area will soon start to hold reds with the passing of the next cool front later this week. The topwater bite has been outstanding, and it doesn't seem to matter the colors. Heck some of mine are so old the color is worn off them. Our soft plastic selection has been plum/chart, pearl/chart, and red/white of the Down South Lures. Our Fall is staring just liked i hoped, and looking forward to more great winter fishing. I still have a few openings for November and December dates. Contact me to experience this for yourself.

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Weekend Wade Fishing Report; Seadrift, TX - 10/18/16 03:11 AM

Solid post and solid fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: Leviathan Rods

Re: Weekend Wade Fishing Report; Seadrift, TX - 10/28/16 01:48 AM

Love fishing Sea Drift! We own some property down there, and about 2 weeks ago the trout were nuts. I took a buddy who hadn't really fished before and he quit fishing because he got tired of pulling trout off his hook.

Here's a Sea Drift red and the rod it was caught on:

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Weekend Wade Fishing Report; Seadrift, TX - 10/28/16 01:55 PM

Nice Red! cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum