Texas Fishing Forum

Pier fishing during the day?

Posted By: Ledeez

Pier fishing during the day? - 06/30/16 03:58 PM

Is worth fishing the pier? ( Horace Caldwell) cost about30$ every time we go plus bait.. Thanks for any input! Should we stick to the surf
Posted By: outdoorsman916

Re: Pier fishing during the day? - 06/30/16 05:45 PM

I've always caught fish during the day at Horace Caldwell. What works for me is bottom fishing was the cut mullet or squid. I also always go to the end.

Re: Pier fishing during the day? - 06/30/16 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: outdoorsman916
I've always caught fish during the day at Horace Caldwell. What works for me is bottom fishing was the cut mullet or squid. I also always go to the end.
thank you sir
Posted By: Lindsey

Re: Pier fishing during the day? - 06/30/16 09:42 PM

I would use a cast net and use whatever you catch in it. Alive is important. The guts that parallel the shorline towards the end should be good bets. I know there's usually a pretty good one 50 yards or so from the end. Watch tidal movement.

Re: Pier fishing during the day? - 07/01/16 02:57 AM

Ended up hitn the south jetty w/ live shrimp me and the boys.. Caught some good trout, lady fish& a nice smack! Freelining shrimp was good but Cordell chrome slab was king! Thanks everyone for all the info and comments!! Well done tff! Tomorrow is our day back to the grind soon! Feel free to pm me I will give any info I can. Water is pretty blue with no seaweed!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum