Texas Fishing Forum

Port Mansfield

Posted By: BigJohn

Port Mansfield - 06/15/16 03:56 PM

Any reports on how fishing has been? Thinking about heading down for a few days.
Posted By: Do-Nothin

Re: Port Mansfield - 06/17/16 05:34 AM

BigJohn,

I hope the lack of reports means that the fishing is lights out! Glad we decided to make the trip, look forward to meeting you in the morning!!! Let's see if we can make it all the way down there and back without losing a cooler or getting killed in a storm this time!

Side note - feel free to send any tips this way as we are freshwater fishermen (average at that), and are looking for a change of pace!! Lol don't know what we are doing but are going to do it 100 MPH!

-Will
Posted By: Andrew Bell

Re: Port Mansfield - 06/20/16 06:35 PM

Just got back from there yesterday.. Fishing was good but from my understanding not as good as usual. Top water bight in early a.m is pretty sweet for both trout and reds. I was throwing a spook and spook jr and had pretty good success on those and some other paddle tail style swimbaits. Speaking from an almost exclusive freshwater angler, don't be afraid to try some bass lures. Pretty cool catching reds on a chatterbait and trout on a mojo rig! Hope you guys crush em!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum