Texas Fishing Forum

Surfside Surf

Posted By: FishWrangler2

Surfside Surf - 06/04/16 02:22 AM

Next week is looking like it could be a pretty great week down there for the specks! Any reports from the good days so far this year?!
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Surfside Surf - 06/05/16 04:20 AM

From what I keep hearing, that water is still nasty brown. Brazos river ain't done yet...:(

Re: Surfside Surf - 06/05/16 05:55 AM

Now that you mention it, I would bet so. Do you know if the water is better farther north toward Galveston?
Posted By: karstopo

Re: Surfside Surf - 06/05/16 12:43 PM

Could be, I heard the Corp had shut the Brazos River locks due to excessive currents. I was out at Surfside Thursday and the ICW at the bridge looked surprisingly clean. Closing the locks keeps water from the brazos from infiltrating up the ICW towards Surfside. Those 100,000 cfs flows are still exiting into the gulf and some of that will likely be transported up towards Surfside. The jetties always deflect some. Bryan and Quintana are almost certainly going to be River water brown. Surfside might be spared depending on what the currents are up to.

Re: Surfside Surf - 06/05/16 12:49 PM

Doesn't look terrible according to this surf cam in Galveston...

http://www.g-townsurf.com

It definitely sounds like something I should keep my eye on. If anyone hears or see anything else, please let me know!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum