Texas Fishing Forum

Coming to Corpus

Posted By: Corbin Foster

Coming to Corpus - 03/19/16 12:56 PM

I am planning on possibly dragging my boat down to Corpus from San Antonio to get on some trout and reds within the next 4 days. I am looking for someone who knows the area like the back of their hand to show me around the waterways. I have a custom built 20 foot long, 72 inch wide at the bottom aluminum flat bottom boat with a 115 yamaha. Experience with the waterways required, I dont want to tear my boat up. Any info or guidance appreciated
Posted By: mitchmoore01

Re: Coming to Corpus - 03/21/16 04:14 PM

Right now, people are catching fish just about everywhere. A safe bet would be the king ranch shoreline. If you launch out of bluffs landing you could easily drive down their channel. If you drive down it, you'll go by an island with a bunch of old pillings, (stay about 100 yards away from that island) turn right. And you can pretty much run straight south and you'll be fine. You could drive about a half a mile, shut down, and fish the grass edges. Just keep a fair distance between you and the king ranch shore (300-400 yards) and you'll be safe. Hope y'all catch 'em.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum