Texas Fishing Forum

corpus fishing with my 6yr old

Posted By: dbraune

corpus fishing with my 6yr old - 03/09/16 02:09 AM

Any place we can go and catch something? Not looking for monsters,just little something to keep her happy. Weve only hit saltwater 1 time and use only our bass rods so i figured some of the piers might be to high to use them. Thanks for any tips. Danny
Posted By: Lindsey

Re: corpus fishing with my 6yr old - 03/09/16 06:59 AM

Bob Hall Pier with live shrimp under a popping cork in the lights at night during a rising tide would seem to be a safe bet for trout and reds. Keep a sabiki rig with a 1 oz. pyramid sinker handy and let her dangle it under the pier. Some tremendous catches of menhadeden, yellow tails, shad, and even the occasional speck can be had that way. If you don't mind hardheads, squid fished on the bottom with a small hook is a virtual guarantee. Hope to catch whiting that way. Good luck...it's always so much fun seeing kids catch fish.
Posted By: illest23

Re: corpus fishing with my 6yr old - 03/09/16 03:06 PM

Lots of sheephead being caught a packery channel jetty. Use fresh dead shrimp on small 1/0 circle hook next to the rocks.
Posted By: Grinder55

Re: corpus fishing with my 6yr old - 03/09/16 05:48 PM

Piers around Rockport have been catching drum !!!

Re: corpus fishing with my 6yr old - 03/09/16 07:27 PM

Thank you guys
Posted By: Baffinboy

Re: corpus fishing with my 6yr old - 03/09/16 10:36 PM

For a six year old, I'd say load up on whiting in the surf. It will keep his/her attention. Use small hooks on a bottom rig with fish bites and dead shrimp. Guaranteed you'll catch fish.

Re: corpus fishing with my 6yr old - 03/10/16 02:05 AM

Thanks baffin. Thats what im looking for. We caught a bunch of those when we went to galveston. Bait could barely hit the bottom.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum