Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing PINS Early Novemebr

Posted By: rustynail11

Fishing PINS Early Novemebr - 10/27/15 09:55 PM

Assuming the weather cooperates I plan on heading to PINS on 11/13. I have never been this late in the season so I don't know what to expect. Can anyone offer some insight in to what might be biting this time of year?
Posted By: Just Bitten

Re: Fishing PINS Early Novemebr - 10/28/15 02:28 AM

Save this website. I look back on it often. This will give you an idea what is biting on PINS throughout the year. It's a great planning tool. link below

http://www.billysandifer.com/Best_Time_For_Species.php
Posted By: Max_S

Re: Fishing PINS Early Novemebr - 10/28/15 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: waltmeda
Save this website. I look back on it often. This will give you an idea what is biting on PINS throughout the year. It's a great planning tool. link below

http://www.billysandifer.com/Best_Time_For_Species.php

November is listed as "best" for crevalle jack? I thought they were one of the first to be gone from inshore when the water starts to cool.
Posted By: Just Bitten

Re: Fishing PINS Early Novemebr - 10/29/15 12:36 AM

It's Billy Sandifer's page. I had the pleasure of meeting him once (great guy). He has been fishing the island forever and is a legend in Corpus. I am not sure about when Jacks leave inshore but I trust Billy.
Posted By: Max_S

Re: Fishing PINS Early Novemebr - 10/29/15 03:00 PM

I've always been a fan of Sandifer's column in TX Saltwater Fishing, and I'm sure he knows more about fishing the region than most of us put together. I was just very surprised to see November as a peak month for jacks inshore, since I've always encountered them in summer when water temps are very high.
Posted By: Pferox

Re: Fishing PINS Early Novemebr - 11/01/15 12:21 PM

Around November, give or take, is when the water starts to get cool and that is when fish are moving out, or in, depending on the species, and when fish are moving, they are usually bunching up and feeding before the trek offshore where feeding can get more spread out. Makes them easier to catch.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum