Texas Fishing Forum

Visiting Galveton?

Posted By: jasoniam

Visiting Galveton? - 09/24/15 12:44 PM

I am going to Galveston for our one yr anniversary and will be ALLOWED to fish on the 18th that morning and I wont have a large amount of tackle just a rod and reel and am wondering what I would need to bring with me for just about three or four hours of fishing? Also any tips on where to go would be appreciated!!! First Trip in 25yrs and I'm 34..lol
Posted By: BOMBER1

Re: Visiting Galveton? - 09/24/15 07:58 PM

October is bull red season. People catch them at 61st and 91st pier. You can use crab, cut mullet, shrimp. if you catch a croaker, you can put that out live.
Posted By: yakkityyak

Re: Visiting Galveton? - 09/25/15 01:10 PM

if you go to the piers, buy a drop net before going if you want to take a pic with your big catch.
Posted By: kickingback

Re: Visiting Galveton? - 09/27/15 05:35 PM

Piers are good at low and high tide. Live shrimp or mullet carolina rigged or under a popping cork. Should be able to catch trout, reds, flounder, or croaker. Use a #2 or #3 hook for live bait. 1/2oz-2oz weight to keep bait down on bottom or under cork depending on the current.
You don't need a net as long as you use at least 40 lb test to pull them up or there are others on the piers with nets to help. Bait can be bought all along hwy 45 going to Galveston.
Good luck.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum