Texas Fishing Forum

Hitting the Surfside jetty next weekend any fish there?

Posted By: costa1184

Hitting the Surfside jetty next weekend any fish there? - 08/21/15 11:25 AM

Anyone have any idea what's been caught there in the last couple weeks. I live close to the area and just haven't had time to get out there due to work. Yet I'm free now and it's time to fish on!
Posted By: Sponxx

Re: Hitting the Surfside jetty next weekend any fish there? - 08/21/15 03:31 PM

I had the chance to go there for the first time 1 week ago at night with a friend who had lights and a generator.
A lot of people there that night, though I was told it can get crowded. We caught plenty of trout, a small redfish, ribbonfish were tearing up the live shrimp.
Got a few hits on a yozuri arc minnow lure and a few on soft plastics, but seemed more like curiosity than comminting to bite. No monsters, keepers were about 17-18" and tossed a bunch of small ones and 15" ones that were too close for comfort.
Some people were throwing silver spoons and catching macks.

I did catch big whiting and puppy black drums on the surf using shrimp Fishbites that week and 3 keepers trout early am on live shrimp.
Posted By: costa1184

Re: Hitting the Surfside jetty next weekend any fish there? - 08/21/15 07:36 PM

sounds like a pretty good variety there, considering it was at night. I do believe im going to load up on live shrimp seeing that you were catching some good fish on them. Yet i still have my DOA's that i will csst out there for the trout and reds. Thanks for the update!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum