Texas Fishing Forum

Corpus Christi This Sunday

Posted By: catfisher08

Corpus Christi This Sunday - 07/04/15 06:07 PM

Plan to go to Corpus Christi tomorrow bank fishing with my 13 years old son,
Don't know where is the best place to go. Anyone has good suggestion?
I hAve not been there for years, is the jetty good ? Not target for any specific type of fish,
just want to catch some fish for fun. Thanks!
Posted By: blondie

Re: Corpus Christi This Sunday - 07/04/15 07:40 PM

I just got back the trout were biting at the Packery Channel last week. Get there early to get a spot.

Re: Corpus Christi This Sunday - 07/04/15 10:21 PM

Thanks blondie . Will try out, Should I get some live bait or use lures?
Posted By: blondie

Re: Corpus Christi This Sunday - 07/05/15 03:28 PM

Either one should work, just make sure the tide is moving.

Re: Corpus Christi This Sunday - 07/06/15 03:10 AM

Son and I fished packery channel today, wave is huge, we had a great time watching it pounding the boulders , even saw two dolphin swimming by, only caught couple of catfish(?), no trout or red, but It was fun. banana
Posted By: FishyRichy

Re: Corpus Christi This Sunday - 07/09/15 05:05 PM

Maybe if you changed your name to redfisher08 or troutfisher08 you would have luck with the other fish laugh...J/K, glad you guys had a good time...catchin kitties is better than blanking!!!
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Corpus Christi This Sunday - 07/09/15 05:39 PM

I'd rather skunk than catch hardheads! Cold water upwelling going on there hence the hardhead fest
Posted By: TimL

Re: Corpus Christi This Sunday - 07/10/15 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: gar1970
I'd rather skunk than catch hardheads! Cold water upwelling going on there hence the hardhead fest

Yeah, Catfisher, your timing for the trip was unfortunate. The recent coldwater upwelling and windy conditions really made the surf brown and ugly, and turned off what had been generally very good trout fishing up to that point. I am a surf fisherman first and foremost, and I can't wait for the water conditions to improve.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum