Texas Fishing Forum

PA flats & back lakes report?

Posted By: G Love

PA flats & back lakes report? - 07/01/15 09:32 PM

Takin the kayaks to Port A next weekend. Any report on the reds up shallow? I figure the trout would be a little deeper and in the surf right now. I plan on hittin the flats out off 361 around Shamrock, the flats over close to Packery, and light house. Live bait and arties both. If i can find croaker that'd be great but I always have a hard time finding Croaker on the island. I usually end up using chicken boys and doin decent but thats in the fall. Any reports or advice would be great. Wouldn't mind hanging into a big ugly either, if anyone has a report for them. I figure I may find one hangin around Packery. Basically, if anyone is familiar with what they're doing right now, would be much appreciated. PM if you would rather. Thanks!
Posted By: KQT

Re: PA flats & back lakes report? - 07/03/15 03:49 PM

Here in port a right now. Three of us have been fishing three days now going out of Wilsons Cut. Flats are holding keeper trout and flounder. The reds are just under 20 inches. Bait is easy to catch, piggy perch , mullet and shrimp. Surf is sandy with no sea weed. Have not heard of much catching at the light house.
Posted By: G Love

Re: PA flats & back lakes report? - 07/03/15 09:07 PM

Awesome. Thanks. That's usually where I go out of but it's usually out of an airboat. I'll be in a kayak. But thanks for the info! I'll be hittin those flats for sure.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum