Texas Fishing Forum

Shark fishing Galveston

Posted By: Michael Anthony

Shark fishing Galveston - 06/18/15 12:43 AM

Hey guys, so I rented a beach house on Jamaica Beach July the 2-6. I'm bringing my family down for the holiday. We've chartered a shark fishing boat with Mike Williams on the 3rd but would also like to surf fish for sharks. We are bringing a lot gear, Kayak, surf rods and light tackle for bait. This will be my first surf fishing expedition and would appreciate any advice you can offer. If anyone would like to fish with us that would be awesome. I could offer you something nice in return if you like to hunt. I have a elk tags in NM, could throw you a cow tag. I want to learn this the right way.
Posted By: TheFluke215

Re: Shark fishing Galveston - 06/18/15 01:00 AM

What exactly are you wanting to know? First and foremost if you haven't already, visit tx-sharkfishing.com and read the info on there. Lots of great info on there. I've probably read the literature on there 50 times. If you still have questions after reading that, post up here and someone will help you.
Posted By: Michael Anthony

Re: Shark fishing Galveston - 06/18/15 01:05 AM

I've read that as well...just want to hear from you guys, tips etc. anyone ever fish Jamaica beach? How far out is the second gut? How will I know where it is?
Posted By: TheFluke215

Re: Shark fishing Galveston - 06/18/15 01:36 AM

Check your PM's Michael.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum