Texas Fishing Forum

Curado or Chronarch?

Posted By: jdk1985

Curado or Chronarch? - 05/20/15 11:25 AM

I need some advice.

I want to put together an inshore rod that can double as a cranking rod for LMB. I'm going to use a Falcon Lowrider Salt Reds Caster for the rod, which I already have and like a lot.

I need advice on the reel. Shimano Chronarch 200e5, or Curado 200PG?
Both are 5.5:1
Both hold the same amount of line
Chronarch has 11# drag, Curado has 12#
Curado weighs .2 oz less

This has probably been discussed before, but why should I buy one over the other?

Any advice is appreciated.
Posted By: waderaider

Re: Curado or Chronarch? - 05/20/15 12:09 PM

Lew's Speed spool cant be beat. Ive switched over all my salt and bass rigs to the assortment of Lew's with the different gear ratios. lighter, cast further, smoother.
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Curado or Chronarch? - 05/20/15 05:08 PM

The Chronarch E

Pretty much a rebranded Curado E.

Lew's are a great option also. I have a Super Duty on a 8' Castaway inshore rod that gets double duty as a crankbait/inshore rig. If you can get a Curado E, junp on it. They sell on ebay frequently.
Posted By: cxjcherokec

Re: Curado or Chronarch? - 05/21/15 01:18 AM

I've had too many issues with shimano bait caster's in the last 5 years. Switched to the daiwa tatula and haven't looked back. I have 1 13 fishing concept C that I uses strictly for plastics with 1/16 and 1/8oz jig heads. The daiwas have just plain held up better and the concept is ridiculously light weight
Posted By: Capt. Andrew

Re: Curado or Chronarch? - 05/21/15 10:57 PM

I like lews and daiwa baitcast.
Posted By: Fritz423

Re: Curado or Chronarch? - 05/22/15 04:00 AM

I have two ancient (1995?) Chronarchs that I still use. I bought a new Chronarch two years ago and frankly I'm not nearly as impressed with it. I'm thinking of switching to something new.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Curado or Chronarch? - 05/22/15 10:16 AM

Thanks for the posts
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum