Texas Fishing Forum

caught 3 fisherman

Posted By: railbob

caught 3 fisherman - 04/20/15 12:40 PM

while fishing at the south jetty at port a i watched a small craft capsize and three men in the water after helping them from the water it took the coast guard 20 to 25 minutes to show up then were no help . i took these men back to there truck felt bad for them there boat was only 1 year old but at least they had insurance and tow us service salvaged there boat . these were very helpful people.nice to haver there service there. this happend april 8 be very careful at the end of the jettys the waves are all ways pretty rough
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: caught 3 fisherman - 04/20/15 12:57 PM

Glad that everyone was OK and will live to tell about it. eeks Always be careful while on the water and never take anything for granted. thumb
Posted By: ChuChu1

Re: caught 3 fisherman - 04/20/15 03:49 PM

What do you think the Coast Guard should have done? The fishermen were out of the water and safe. The Coast Guard is not in the boat recovery business.
Posted By: railbob

Re: caught 3 fisherman - 04/20/15 07:45 PM

This post was for info only to help the men who lost there boat for insurance help no body said the coast guard should have helped with there boat .
Posted By: Bluwave Mike

Re: caught 3 fisherman - 04/20/15 08:15 PM

What kind of boat was it? Glad they are ok.
Posted By: Ambassador84

Re: caught 3 fisherman - 04/21/15 04:57 PM

If the Coast Guard was no help, what exactly were they supposed to do? It takes a bit longer to respond to a water emergency than it does to respond to an emergency on land. Your post seems to be implying the Coast Guard should have done something and didn't do what you thought they should do.
Posted By: Fish Art Texas

Re: caught 3 fisherman - 04/21/15 11:06 PM

coast guard does a wonderful job in real emergencies we are lucky to have them posted all along our texas coast,it is imperative in big water to be prepared and know your boat and your capabilities-think ahead as much as possible have fun and be safe!
Posted By: Epic 23

Re: caught 3 fisherman - 04/26/15 01:53 PM

RailBob, knowing we have the same boat, how did your boat handle the waves at the end of the jetty? Did you have any luck that weekend? I'm heading down there this Thursday.
Posted By: Chasin' Mason

Re: caught 3 fisherman - 04/27/15 03:13 PM

I have an Epic 22 also and we have turned the corner at the jetties several times. I thought the boat handled well. I have taken it to the first rigs a couple of times with success. Now keep in mind if I get to the end of the jetties and don't feel comfortable I turn around and fish somewhere else. My wife and I love the Epic, comfortable ride and she stays dry.
Posted By: Epic 23

Re: caught 3 fisherman - 04/27/15 10:56 PM

We are going to try the bay and the jetty this weekend and see how it goes. Thanks for the reply. If I may ask, where did you buy your Epoc from?
Posted By: Chasin' Mason

Re: caught 3 fisherman - 04/29/15 04:26 PM

Southside marine in Austin
Posted By: OUFishing-Sean

Re: caught 3 fisherman - 05/21/15 02:10 PM

That's amazing😅
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum