Texas Fishing Forum

Port A this weekend

Posted By: fisheye68

Port A this weekend - 04/01/15 02:32 PM

I'm headed down this weekend and was wondering how the bite is going. Ive seen where the sheephead are still running according to some post. Are the black drum still on the channels or they about through? I was really wanting to get on some trout and redfish. I was wondering what pattern they're on. I'm usually down during the summer and fish the lydia ann or the gas rigs if the wind cooperates. Any reports would be nice. Thanks
Posted By: cxjcherokec

Re: Port A this weekend - 04/01/15 06:17 PM

All my keeper trout have been in Cedar bayou in 5fow on an Unfair 90mm Rip-N-Slash chartreuse.

Re: Port A this weekend - 04/09/15 05:18 PM

Thanks cxjcherokec. Cedar bayou would have been a long run from Port a with the winds the way they were this weekend. The 4 days i fished the wind blew from a different direction everyday with some gusto. I din't catch any keeper trout but did catch alot of 14 inchers. 1 slot red, gafftops,stingrays, and sheepheads. Didnt see anyone catch much of anything other than sheephead.
Posted By: corncob3000

Re: Port A this weekend - 04/10/15 08:57 PM

I'm taking my dad fishing next Tuesday through Friday, we've got an off water place rented. I'm a newbe. Hear of anyone doing any good on Estes Flats? Planning on fishing poppin quarks and whatnot, what were you doing the best with?

Re: Port A this weekend - 04/16/15 04:38 PM

corncob3000 We were using live shrimp, fresh dead, some minnows i caught with the throw net. We fished the fina docks, the boat channel towards aransas pass, light house, jetties,and up to just south of mud island. There I dint here of anyone doing any good but there usually somebody catching somewhere. I did see a guy catch a nice red at the fina docks.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum