Texas Fishing Forum

jon boat

Posted By: outdoorsman916

jon boat - 09/28/14 11:08 PM

Where can I take my 16ft. jon boat in galveston/freeport area for redfish,trout,flounder,blackdrum, and tarpon if possible
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: jon boat - 09/29/14 03:40 PM

Tarpon??
Those would be at the end of the jetties, not a friendly spot for a johnboat at all.

Get a hooksetter map, and look for boat ramps in areas that look promising, running around the middle of that bay is not what I'd call a fun idea. Nobody is going to mark an X and say fish here over the internet. Enough potlickers already.
Posted By: Railhead

Re: jon boat - 09/29/14 06:21 PM

Texas City dike area and along the Bolivar peninsula (east bay) has good access to good fishing from smaller boats, just be careful and use good judgement. I grew up fishing Trinity bay out of a 14 foot flat bottom with a 10 hp Johnson. Been all over the Galveston bay complex in it, don't care to do it now, but many still do. A good map, as stated will help.

Re: jon boat - 10/05/14 07:06 PM

Alright thanks when I said tarpon I have heard of people catching in trinity bay.
Posted By: Olhipi

Re: jon boat - 10/06/14 11:33 AM

Moses Lake off the Texas City Dike , I think Eagle Point Marina is just a Stones throw from it's gate and it's fairly Protected from the wind There's a Good Gut Southward to the Right of the Entrance of the Lake and The Texas City Dike gives a little Protection as well. Watch the wind and stay close to the Shoreline and you can have a Blast.

Re: jon boat - 10/11/14 02:31 PM

I have heard of that place befor but was not sure of it. Is it wadeable?
Posted By: Olhipi

Re: jon boat - 10/13/14 11:01 AM

I personally Dont WadeFish but I'm sure that theres a shallow Bankline that is Wadeable Most all that Shoreline in that area has waders on it
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum