Texas Fishing Forum

port lavaca

Posted By: bigdtbone

port lavaca - 09/02/12 08:08 PM

Im thinking of going to port lavaca in very late oct. ive never been there . Dose anyone have any good ideas on where to stay ? im also interested in any comments on this location . hows the fishing there this time of year .Im bring my bay boat and would like to keep it in the water while im there if possible.
Posted By: DaveRTX

Re: port lavaca - 09/02/12 11:53 PM

I'd drive another 20 miles to POC. Fall red run should be on at the big jettys.
Posted By: Gill

Re: port lavaca - 09/04/12 06:44 PM

there are tons of hotels in Port Lavaca. I've never fished there in october. I would guess its just like any other bay system for fall fishing. Look for working birds. Also watch for the reef's in the middle of the bay.
Posted By: burton1795

Re: port lavaca - 09/07/12 09:22 PM

Agree with dave. Used to work for port lavaca fd. We always drove to oconnor. In fact, we are driving to poc this October so may see you there

Re: port lavaca - 09/11/12 07:51 PM

Ok POC it is . Got a place at the clarks . I hope its not too rough at the big jettys. Ive only had a 21 ft bay boat for about 2 months . Rough water is a little scary to me.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: port lavaca - 09/11/12 08:50 PM

At port oconnor, you have a choice...left for big water, right for shallow bay. If you don't have a tunnel hull, be sure and stay where it's marked or you'll be pushing that tub off a mud bar.

Re: port lavaca - 09/11/12 09:52 PM

nope no tunnel hull. Ill look for markers. Thanx

Re: port lavaca - 09/11/12 10:26 PM

You might want to google earth the area before you go. Get some clue as to what those screwey channels do, and where they go.

If the tides aren't too low, you can sneak into Pringle without a tunnel, but you can't get into Contee ever...

Re: port lavaca - 09/12/12 12:54 AM

ok ill look at google Thanx pat This weekend Im heading to copano bay. Isnt sea drift around there ?

Re: port lavaca - 09/12/12 02:12 AM

No Seadrift is on San Antonio bay, just below POC.
Posted By: saltwaterjunky

Re: port lavaca - 09/12/12 04:23 AM

BIGDTBONE u would probably like Pt.Aransas awhole lot better lot more places to get to with ur 21ft pull it up on google and u`ll see.plus places I can tell u about.........

Re: port lavaca - 09/12/12 10:22 PM

hey saltwaterjunky i rented a canal house on copano . Is copano to shallow or something ? aransas bay is just a short ride away if I should go there.
Posted By: saltwaterjunky

Re: port lavaca - 09/12/12 10:59 PM

Its been years since I`ve been to copano should be ok in most need to try to come up with a marked map [some one on here posts about fishing copano] back into aransas there`s gas platforms,shell pads etc. Walmart has a Tx fisherman lakes and bays mag that gives alot of good info including gps coordinates etc and for sure a pair of polarized sunglasses area must for the coast bays.Where is the canal house at so I can look it up on google earth get a better idea where ur staying...........Bill

Re: port lavaca - 09/13/12 08:31 AM

its near the red fish lodge. Thats the nearest land mark most people know. Its also on the fulton side of the bay.
Posted By: Shoalgirl

Re: port lavaca - 09/13/12 04:51 PM

The old coast guard station or Mitchell's Cut at POC
Posted By: DaveRTX

Re: port lavaca - 09/13/12 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Shoalgirl
The old coast guard station or Mitchell's Cut at POC

+1
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum