Texas Fishing Forum

baffin bay

Posted By: woodworkers

baffin bay - 07/05/11 11:14 AM

can someone tell me whats the best time of year to fish for reds and trout on baffin bay never been there before and thinking of trying it instead of rockport area this year any help would be great and opinions thanks ...john
Posted By: fancast

Re: baffin bay - 07/05/11 07:39 PM

Baffin can be good year round, but there's a bunch of submerged rocks down there, and you have to be careful. Maybe hire a guide since you never been down there before.

Re: baffin bay - 07/05/11 10:18 PM

no boat just pier and bank and wade fishing.
Posted By: LandPirate

Re: baffin bay - 07/05/11 10:23 PM

There's very little access to Baffin except by boat. The whole area is surrounded by the King Ranch.

Re: baffin bay - 07/06/11 10:28 PM

yea we are thinking of renting a house on baffin bay it has a pier and a pool just really wondering how the fishin is down there? been to rockport a bunch of times but a lil expensive compared to what we found in baffin but i know rockport has good fishin just wondering about baffin bay dont want to waste a vacation if the fishin aint no good!
Posted By: cxjcherokec

Re: baffin bay - 07/08/11 02:37 AM

I would highly recommend not boating this bay with a top notch gps/depthfinder and knowledge. Because of the large submerged rock and difficult of navigation is why guides are slightly higher. The best time for trophy trout will be jan/feb. I just got back from Rockport and had great luck in 3-3.5' water on a mirrolute mirromullet 4" for trout and redfish in the backside of mud island and San Jose.
Posted By: kyle1974

Re: baffin bay - 07/10/11 01:58 AM

baffin is great fishing... almost year around. Fishing off a pier will limit the 'greatness" of it though. the best wade fishing spots I know of are only accessable by a boat though.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum