Texas Fishing Forum

Copano bay reef fishing

Posted By: Reich

Copano bay reef fishing - 05/31/18 03:17 PM

Anyone willing to share secrets on fishing the reefs on Copano? I'm still working on specific reefs, time of day and presentation. Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Csafisher

Re: Copano bay reef fishing - 05/31/18 07:21 PM

I hit a few last week on the south side...... nada. Maybe it is too early for a good bite out there? Im not really sure. I went to reefs marked on the hot spots map, the reefs did not seem to be as big or shallow as advertised. And they didn't feel like much, more like crushed shell. I'm new to the area and new to reef fishing as I fished mostly the LLM and you wont find too many reefs south of mansfield.

I found my trout on grass flats....
Posted By: FishWrangler2

Re: Copano bay reef fishing - 06/01/18 11:43 PM

My best trout last week came on shell. I missed some really good ones.

As for Copano, I had success yesterday fishing Lap Reef with croakers right of the poles. I think I had trout bites every cast but had trouble getting keepers. I fished another reef and didn’t have any success but the wind was pretty bad at that point. As long as the wind stays reasonable, you should alright.

The rest of our fishing was pretty frustrating considering how good it’s supposed to be this time of year. I’d definitely tell you to go north if you’re looking to go somewhere besides Copano.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum