Texas Fishing Forum

Learning Galveston Bay - East and West Guide Recommendations

Posted By: Justsouthern

Learning Galveston Bay - East and West Guide Recommendations - 01/24/18 01:21 AM

Hello,

I'm a lifetime fresh water angler who just sold my bass boat for a bay boat. For the last 10-years I've fished nothing but Conroe, Livingston, Rayburn and Belton. I'm ready to mix in bay and jetty fishing.

I'd like to take one or two guided trips to learn the ropes of the bay system, navigating, spots, tackle and techniques. Could anyone make a recommendation for a "teaching" type guide service for an experienced boater/fisherman? I'll be doing this during February/March.

Thank you!
Posted By: Jefe

Re: Learning Galveston Bay - East and West Guide Recommendations - 01/26/18 04:38 PM

The Grey family (Capt Cecil and Nathan) are both good trout guides that fish a lot of interior bay.
The Verm Family (Greg and Gregory (Ernest and Clint too) at fishinggalvestontx) are great from halls bayou to the jetties to offshore Freeport. Ive learned a lot with those guys over the years- mainly Greg)They are waterdogs- they HUNT fish.

Maybe find some people that will split the cost of guide trips- perhaps in the same boat as you. Just to let you know- in 3 MORE years you will likely sell your boat and start offshore fishing- don't fight it...its a natural progression. fresh-salt-saltier

Be safe, have fun
Posted By: JGC69

Re: Learning Galveston Bay - East and West Guide Recommendations - 01/27/18 05:44 PM

Glenn Stevens, Coastal Guide Service, 409/392/3533, hardest working guide there is. Born and raised down there, tell him Fire Captain John sent you, enjoy

Re: Learning Galveston Bay - East and West Guide Recommendations - 01/27/18 06:38 PM

Awesome, thanks for the recommendations. I'll look them up.

Justsouthern
Posted By: BU343

Re: Learning Galveston Bay - East and West Guide Recommendations - 02/17/18 12:17 AM

For tips and techniques nothing beats Youtube. Yeah guides are awesome, and have earned their reputation and money, but average everyday guys posting their trials and successes to Youtube are awesome. Plus you learn spots. Just my two cents. Personally I like Thresherfishing and Redfishhunter
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Learning Galveston Bay - East and West Guide Recommendations - 02/17/18 01:03 AM

Visit.....www.troutsupport.com

Re: Learning Galveston Bay - East and West Guide Recommendations - 02/24/18 04:43 PM

Thanks agaain guys! It's just crazy how much information is available these days. I'll be sure and post up after my first experience, good or other.

Best
Posted By: czechmate

Re: Learning Galveston Bay - East and West Guide Recommendations - 02/26/18 06:10 AM

Mark Sloan ‭(409) 457-5629‬
He will go out with you on your boat to put all the safe routs on your gps.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum