Texas Fishing Forum

Inshore Trip in December

Posted By: Big Bass'n

Inshore Trip in December - 11/23/17 01:23 AM

I’ve never really fished inshore on the Texas coast. I’m looking to go on a guided trip. What can i expect to target that time of year? Also looking for good guide recommendations from port A to POC. Would be cool to find someone that fly fishes but not necassary.
Posted By: Captain Nathan Beabout

Re: Inshore Trip in December - 11/23/17 02:10 AM

trout, redfish, flounder, and black drum are always on the menu, 365 days a year. weather depending on which species will be most successful. redfish and drum will be in small schools, and trophy trout can also be caught during our winter months. I guide wade fishing artificial trips out of Seadrift, TX.

If you are looking for a fly guide, I recommend a man named Jack Campbell owner of skinnywaterflyfishing.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Inshore Trip in December - 11/23/17 05:26 AM

Call Nathan and go get yourself some. It’s going to be an epic fall and winter.
Posted By: SaltGrass Guide Service

Re: Inshore Trip in December - 12/10/17 04:27 PM

The reds and trout have been on fire the last few weeks and catching the calmer days between the fronts can really produce some good fish
Posted By: LittleBoatBigFish

Re: Inshore Trip in December - 12/23/17 02:39 AM

Not trying to hijack bigbass'n thread. I would like to take my dad, wife and son out for some redfish. I've had the opportunity to catch a redfish that required tagging when I was a teenager. I'll always remember that fight.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum