Texas Fishing Forum

Sabine Lake is where it is at!

Posted By: Capt. Lindy Hebert

Sabine Lake is where it is at! - 11/12/17 06:17 AM

Trout are where the Redfish were, and Refish are where the Specks should be? Every thing is in motion and changing quickly.Fall is in full swing. Smaller flocks of birds are working all over and could be anywhere in Sabine Lake. From the North end to the South end. The birds are following the shrimp. So are Gaff Tops, Sand Trout, Speckled Trout and Redfish. Everything is on the move. We have been catching as many Speckled Trout as Redfish. Live Shrimp will go fast, any of your favorite artificial lures should be fine. Gulp anything works really well most any time. Top Dogs, Skitter Walks, and Spooks are worth throwing in right now, especially early in the morning. For anyone that is wading the shorelines, be extra careful for stingrays. For some reason, we have been catching more than usual anywhere the Flounder may be. www.luckylindycharters
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Sabine Lake is where it is at! - 11/12/17 06:06 PM

I want to go down and fish Sabine Lake but just havn't worked my pucker factor into doing it. How is it as far as shallow water, underwater hazards, etc. Going down there from Beaumont, where would you put in?
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: Sabine Lake is where it is at! - 11/12/17 10:15 PM

The causeway bridge has a good ramp on the south end of the lake. But I live in Orange and launch from the city ramp on the Sabine river and run south into the north end of the lake or launch in Bridge city and you can run east in Cow Bayou out to the Sabine river and then head south to the north end of the lake. Another ramp is located northwest of the lake in the Neches river off highway 87 south (south of Bridge City). I've never had issues with obstructions by staying in the middle, not cutting across shallow points, and watching for floaters. If the lake gets a little rough, you can fish the lower end of the rivers (Sabine or Neches) and sometimes do good. Google Map this area and you can see the ramps and rivers going to the lake.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Sabine Lake is where it is at! - 11/12/17 10:57 PM

I'm headed down there Wednesday to fish for 4 days. What is the water clarity like right now?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Sabine Lake is where it is at! - 11/13/17 04:57 AM

Nice post and fish. Good job. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum