Texas Fishing Forum

TFF tuna trip vote

Posted By: lite-liner

TFF tuna trip vote - 02/13/16 01:45 AM

Ok Folks it's time to vote. lets have it!
Posted By: tunatamer

Re: TFF tuna trip vote - 02/15/16 01:45 PM

Well, I voted but accidentally hit the wrong button. So this poll is inaccurate because of me hammer

Re: TFF tuna trip vote - 02/16/16 12:04 AM

Just for the record the real tally should read 7 votes for FW; 2 votes for DSH; and 2 votes for DE. I mistakenly hit submit and then noticed I had put FW and intended to put DE.
Posted By: jig

Re: TFF tuna trip vote - 02/16/16 04:12 AM

I'd really like to make the trip this year. I missed last signup and was full by time I found out. Sign me up if it's with FW
Posted By: fathom

Re: TFF tuna trip vote - 02/16/16 03:19 PM

sign me up. I completely missed this thread start. i will pay more attention now that i am retired from the other used to be about fishing forum.
Posted By: trlrman

Re: TFF tuna trip vote - 02/16/16 03:47 PM

10 years and still a greenhorn LOL good to have you back Steve !!
Posted By: lite-liner

Re: TFF tuna trip vote - 02/16/16 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: fathom
sign me up. I completely missed this thread start. i will pay more attention now that i am retired from the other used to be about fishing forum.

LOL!

Re: TFF tuna trip vote - 02/16/16 04:19 PM

is the scat cat completely out of the picture? It's still the highest capacity boat.

Re: TFF tuna trip vote - 02/16/16 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: fathom
is the scat cat completely out of the picture? It's still the highest capacity boat.

Not at all, Steve. That's the purpose of this thread.

For some folks it's about more than capacity. I think everyone likes the comfort of the Scat Cat for the party part but some would like to catch more fish than in the past.

Check out the "Let's Talk Tuna" thread if you want to know what people are saying.

Re: TFF tuna trip vote - 02/16/16 10:08 PM

Bobby, it's always a [censored] shoot going to perdido. I did a couple trips last year on the dolphin express. we went to Gunnison and did well. the only beef was the fish storage
and handling. they are supposed to install refrigeration in the box. this is must as the crew was rationing ice for the chill down barrell. not a good thing. the meat quality was below par. if they get the refrigeration this boat will be the ticket for 15 people. if has the range and speed and a willing Capt.

This has always been a fun trip, I would hate to see it go.
Posted By: Jonathon S

Re: TFF tuna trip vote - 02/16/16 11:57 PM

Hi guys,
This sounds awesome, is there more info on it? Just moved to texas a bit ago

Edit: saw the let's talk tuna comment. nvm!

Re: TFF tuna trip vote - 02/17/16 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Jonathon S
Hi guys,
This sounds awesome, is there more info on it? Just moved to texas a bit ago

Edit: saw the let's talk tuna comment. nvm!

Jonathon .... if you have interest in going hang around for more info. The trip is sort of status quo at this time but should be going forward soon.
Posted By: ChunknGrind

Re: TFF tuna trip vote - 02/20/16 05:46 PM

I have fished with DSH and FW numerous times over the years and have always enjoyed both. I'm very partial to the scat cat due to comfort but I voted for DSH. I've had some really good trips with them and I like to mix things up fishing with different captains and boats.

Re: TFF tuna trip vote - 02/23/16 02:47 PM

I've noticed that there were 8 votes for the DSH 2 boat trip. That apparently is not going to happen, however, if you do have an interest in fishing with James on the Pelican in November please PM me as I have some info you might want to consider.

Bobby
Posted By: Waco Crappie

Re: TFF tuna trip vote - 03/14/16 08:11 PM

I havent ever done a Tuna trip but I'd love to go this year.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum