Texas Fishing Forum

Navionics Question

Posted By: dragmaster

Navionics Question - 08/25/15 08:20 PM

I have the Navionics Platinum card that I have been using for Texas Fresh water, I see it shows detail in the waters around Port O'Conner. If I buy the Navionics western gulf card will there be more detail, the one I have now shows some oil platforms and ship lane buoys along with depth contours, will the gulf card have more that that?
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Navionics Question - 08/31/15 01:01 PM

Draqmaster, Let me get a little more info from you...what graphs are you running? Will you be using it exclusively for Saltwater or will you freshwater fish as well?

Re: Navionics Question - 08/31/15 02:23 PM

I use a Humminbird 1198c si and fish both waters in Texas

Re: Navionics Question - 08/31/15 08:27 PM

I would recommend you use the Nav+ card. It comes preloaded with premium data but it will let you purge the card and then allows you to download the areas you want to fish by drawing boxes around the lakes or bodies of water you are interested in. This way you could use the card for both bodies vs buying just the Plat+ for saltwater only. You can still take advantage of community edits, but you will not get google overlay or pictures of points of interest that you do on the plat+, but you do get all of the water mapping contour lines.

Re: Navionics Question - 09/01/15 02:22 AM

thanks corey

Re: Navionics Question - 09/01/15 07:58 PM

No problem, glad to help out.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum