Texas Fishing Forum

Galveston Party Boat recommendation please

Posted By: diggerwolf

Galveston Party Boat recommendation please - 06/22/15 07:32 PM

I'm going on a family vacation to Galveston July 2-10. I usually take one of those half- or full-day party boats at least one day.

In the past I just went to the pier one day, picked a boat and paid my fee for the next day. However since this is 4th of July week, I am looking online to book ahead.

So far I have only found Williams Party Boats and Galveston Party Boats. Everything else is a charter with a $450 minimum for at least three people.

It will be only me and I'm looking for options.

Can you recommend a party boat for a half-day and/or full-day trip?
Posted By: Mpro2

Re: Galveston Party Boat recommendation please - 06/22/15 11:21 PM

I will be on GPB next Sunday.... will be my 6th time with them, and never once had a bad experience with them. Are you looking for something better than a partyboat? Just courious...BTW, should be able to keep red snapper when you go!http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/images/icons/default/thumbs_up.gif
Posted By: Day0ne

Re: Galveston Party Boat recommendation please - 06/23/15 05:29 AM

Been fishing GPB since the early 70's. Won't fish Williams.
Posted By: diggerwolf

Re: Galveston Party Boat recommendation please - 06/23/15 02:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Mpro2
I will be on GPB next Sunday.... will be my 6th time with them, and never once had a bad experience with them. Are you looking for something better than a partyboat? Just courious...BTW, should be able to keep red snapper when you go!http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/images/icons/default/thumbs_up.gif

Not necessarily better than a party boat, I just don't want to spend $450 for a charter. I was looking for options other than GPB or WPB however it appears GPB is the way to go.
Posted By: Mpro2

Re: Galveston Party Boat recommendation please - 06/24/15 02:29 AM

Well, as for options other than a partyboat, I am not familiar with anything else in Galveston. If you are willing to drive to the Surfside Beach/Freeport area, there is Bluefin Charters which is more than a partyboat, but at a reasonable rate. Also Cowboy Charters would be a good bet too. Oh, and Bluefin Charters is similar to a partyboat,but about half the size of Williams or GPB... I have not fished on either, but heard good reviews on both. Since I no longer have boat access there anymore, I will be planning on trying one in the future.
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: Galveston Party Boat recommendation please - 06/25/15 05:54 PM

The 4 hour party boat trips are not very productive right now. Book a 12 hour trip.
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Galveston Party Boat recommendation please - 06/25/15 06:59 PM

The 12 hr is the only way to go, try to get a stern position if at all possible up to rescheduling the trip to get on the stern. Andy, Ed and Matt are really good folks to go with, I have been many times.
Posted By: sps468

Re: Galveston Party Boat recommendation please - 06/25/15 11:59 PM

I been on both many of times GPB and WPB for short and tuna trips. On short trips I perfer GPB but for tuna trips I perfer WPB. Both have pros and cons. flush_2
Posted By: Day0ne

Re: Galveston Party Boat recommendation please - 06/26/15 06:08 AM

Just got back from a GPB 30hr tuna trip. Did some interesting fishing. Great trip. Matt really tries to put you on fish.
Posted By: KUSAI

Re: Galveston Party Boat recommendation please - 06/26/15 04:40 PM

Going to WPB this weekend, only them had 3 empty slots for bay/jetty. Will come back and report
Posted By: Bazztex

Re: Galveston Party Boat recommendation please - 06/27/15 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: KUSAI
Going to WPB this weekend, only them had 3 empty slots for bay/jetty. Will come back and report

Thanks and Welcome Aboard the TFF, we look forward to your catch report. hooked
Posted By: ChrisMorris

Re: Galveston Party Boat recommendation please - 06/27/15 03:50 AM

Just got back from the 12 hr trip today. Had several big Red snapper, my cousin had a giant Mangrove snapper and a bunch of vermillion. Great trip and highly recommend the trip! Matt and his crew were awesome!

Sorry the pics are sideways. Don't know how to change that.
Posted By: KUSAI

Re: Galveston Party Boat recommendation please - 06/29/15 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Bazztex
Originally Posted By: KUSAI

Thanks and Welcome Aboard the TFF, we look forward to your catch report. hooked

Hello all,

Had booked the weekend 4 hour bay and jetty trip. The boat was near full with around 60+ people. Captain Jon took us out almost 30 mins near a pier (probably texas city) waters were choppy so couldn't fish there. Took us to another few spots near that long rock ridge line. The fish were biting but all in all 1 little girl caught a catfish and someone else got a baby shark. Rest of us all caught each others line or baits.
So all in all I had set my expectations right and enjoyed the 4 hour boat tour, saw tons of dolphins. I could have cared less for fishing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum