Texas Fishing Forum

Port Aransas

Posted By: KQT

Port Aransas - 07/17/18 12:52 AM

Fished the 82 Deep Sea Roundup. It was as usual awesome, 650 fishermen entered. A little down but better than expected considering 50% less housing. The fishing is great, snapper limits are easy and lots of kingfish and sharks. Please consider taking a trip. The beach is great with little to no seaweed. Please consider eating out at the local restaurants, they are down about 20%. Take a trip, catch fish and pick a great restaurant and have them cook them.
Posted By: jimmysc

Re: Port Aransas - 07/17/18 08:14 PM

That sounds great. Where can I get my catch of the day cooked in Port A??
I would like to do that after fishing a few hours.
Thanks
Posted By: tunatamer

Re: Port Aransas - 07/18/18 12:40 PM

Originally Posted By: jimmysc
Thanks

Fins next to Deep Sea headquarters is one place I know of. I'm sure there are others as well.

Re: Port Aransas - 07/18/18 02:26 PM

Sea Food and Spaghetti Works did a great job. $12.99 a person and it includes two way to large sides and their soup and salad bar which is really good. Fins is good too.

Re: Port Aransas - 07/18/18 02:30 PM

Btw way we had our snapper fried, grilled, and blackened. Be sure to have your fish ready to cook. I always mark the bags fried, grilled, and blackened to make it easy on the kitchen plus I want my fried pieces smaller.
Posted By: jimmysc

Re: Port Aransas - 07/19/18 04:31 AM

Thanks KQT
Im going to try that place next time Im there, should be in the next week or two. I will pack my fish like you said, I was going to take them the whole fish minus his guts.
Thanks
Posted By: TXEagle001

Re: Port Aransas - 07/19/18 07:36 PM

I was down there about 4 weeks ago, good fishing for snapper and b-liner. Also caught a blackfin, 2 sandbar sharks (released), and a bunch of runners. I took a tuna filet to Fins for dinner, grilled, and it was excellent. Get one of the free guides and look through the ads, there are quite a few places that will cook your catch.
Posted By: jnd59

Re: Port Aransas - 07/21/18 02:27 AM

Both Fins and the spaghetti place are good. When it's a little cooler I like setting outside at Fins. Traffic is down because most of the big condos are still closed good for our rental but not for PA.

Beaches are still pretty crowded past SBH but not so much further north.
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Port Aransas - 08/12/18 01:25 PM

Originally Posted By: jimmysc
Thanks

Virginia's will cook your ketch also, nice atmosphere and it was tasty...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum