Texas Fishing Forum

PK tournament stories/results.

Posted By: milkfisher

PK tournament stories/results. - 11/20/16 07:45 PM

How did y'all do? It was tough day fishing for most teams.
Posted By: mitchell_usmc

Re: PK tournament stories/results. - 11/21/16 02:38 AM

4 bass under 16" and 2 bream. had boats on top of us all day.
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: PK tournament stories/results. - 11/21/16 02:03 PM

Yes; it was a tough day, I didn't fish my usual spots, too many boats.
Posted By: milkfisher

Re: PK tournament stories/results. - 11/21/16 03:22 PM

We caught fish all day long. 30-35 probably. Only managed 1 keeper.
I'm guessing you had to hit the bigger fish on the head to get them to bite.
Posted By: Badbassdad

Re: PK tournament stories/results. - 11/22/16 01:48 PM

PK was a very difficult tournament Saturday.. we too caught several 15.5" fish and it was very crowded in the spots we all would be fishing!!...

I took some great advice from a good friend and talked my son into throwing a 7.5" glide in that crystal clear water... he got a monster hit early in shallow water... (5.44#)
but that was the only 16+ we landed... it was good enough for 24th for a single fish and 2nd for big bass!! it was a long day!!
Posted By: Nathan_Flovin

Re: PK tournament stories/results. - 11/22/16 10:58 PM

Only caught 3 fish that were short of 16in. Feels better knowing we weren't the only ones that didn't do good.
Posted By: D Kissinger

Re: PK tournament stories/results. - 11/27/16 04:12 AM

The boys I was captaining for caught lots of small fish. I ended up catching 3 keepers all between 17-19" in 9-12' of water on soft plastics. But we caught fish on spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, shakey head, texas rig and crankbaits. Out of 11 teams, we only had 3 teams weight in fish. Best finish was 10th with 3 fish.
Posted By: CubbyObrien

Re: PK tournament stories/results. - 12/02/16 06:43 PM

Cliffs was our ticket, 10-15' water in the boat slips on wobble head and large shaky heads outiftted with watermelon creature baits. Kids caught about 30+ with most being just below 16. Two were lost at the boat that would have been in the 3lb range and they brought in 3 nice bass and ended up 11th i think. First time i have been on that lake ever and i like it, will be back soon! great fishery
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum